What is your favorite kitty litter?

Discussion in Pets started by MindyT • Oct 4, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have two cats. One is male and the other female. The female cat is very Neat and clean in the litter box. The boy cat is very messy, and he likes to play in the box. They always use the box so there are no problems. However, I have a small area for the box. Sometimes the smell is overwhelming. I have tried many types of litters, but I want to know if anybody has any favorite brands. I do like the self-clumping kind. Other than that, I am not too picky. What are the names of the brands you like? Where do you buy them? How much do they cost?

2. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I used to use this kitty litter that was really awesome, I think it was called, "Yesterday's News." It got recommended to us when one of our cats was having some digestive issues, so they thought it may be related to the kitty litter. It ended up being something totally different, and she is fine now, but the litter was awesome! Unfortunately, I do not have money like that right now, so I just get the litter from the local dollar store. The cats don't seem to mind it...As long as I still buy them the expensive food! Lol

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your suggestion. I will have to research litter you recommended. I have never seen it on store shelves so I will look for it next time. My cats are not picky. They are not picky about their food either. Just as long as they have it, they are happy campers!

4. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:

is the best for my two cats. It has baking soda in it which helps with urine smells. There are many varieties, but they all work really well. I like the scented and the "double duty" ones the best. It clumps well and last for a long time.

5. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    I have been a fan of Feline Pine (compressed pine litter) for years. They don't have that weird clay/synthetic smell (because it uses no artificial materials), and if you use a little box like the Tidy Cats Breeze (I have a similar one), it separates the used litter for you without doing anything. The litter lasts for a long time, and no one can really tell that there'a box in any room. I have two cats, and their litter box is in the living room.

Feline Pine is a brand name and I like that stuff, but in the last few months, I've been buying the comparable product from Trader Joe's, which have worked just as well.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of mine, but they're crystals. It's a bit pricier, but having four cats it's necessary to buy something that works really really well. We've tried so many brands now and this one lasts a little longer and you don't smell a thing. I never did use the clumping brands, they're not safe for them in my opinion.