What is your favorite make-up product of the moment?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by malia22 • Sep 7, 2012.

1. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    I am freelance make-up artist and I am always looking for new products to add to my kit for my clients as well as I am always referring my favorite products to my clients. My personal favorites of the moment are Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer. I love it because it applies beautifully especially when applied with a flat head foundation brush, it's light weight, doesn't cause breakouts, has great buildable coverage and can even be used a base for heavier creme foundations to thin them out. My other favorite product of the moment is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I seriously have applied the primer, gave myself a heavy smokey eye and wore it out all night and the next morning it was still in tact. Of course I would never advocate going to bed with your make-up still on but the fact that IF you did, your makeup would still be perfect is pretty amazing. Primers in general are a necessity in all kits nowadays purely because they help make-up last by creating a barrier between your face and the product, keeping sweat away prolonging the applications life span and avoiding unsightly creasing. I have experimented with other primers from Smashbox to Lorac and I have enjoyed all of them but none have had the lasting effects that Urban Decay had. My last favorite product of the moment is un -doubtably Benefit's cheek and lip stains. The brush applicator almost looks like a nail polish wand but a few Dabs on the apples of your cheeks and few taps of your finger blending it out and you have the most natural blush I have ever seen.

Have any of you tried these products or have any others you think I should try?

~M

#1Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love love love the MAC translucent powder in Golden Bronze. It works great for oily skin and little is all you need its makes my face glow flawlessly.

3. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    I love MAC anything, but i also love the Kat Von D eye shadows. Long lasting, great brilliant colours. Available at Sephora.

4. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    I totally agree about MAC, I'm a bigger fan of their eyeshadows and lipsticks rather than their foundations though. I haven't played too much with the Kat Von D line though perhaps I should! :)

5. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    I have a condition called the vitiligo, where patches of your skin turn white, and you lose your natural skin tone, melanin. If you are a darker race, and the only product, I can use that will work on this condition is a product called derma blend. It is heavy enough to cover the spots and not rub off.

6. jacqueline2194

jacqueline2194New Member

Threads:
    tarte (I purposely left that uncapitalized because that's how it is) Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation. It has SPF 15 sunscreen and it hides EVERYTHING!

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have rosecea on my cheeks. I have a hard time covering it up. I seems to shine right through foundation. I have tried all types of makeup, but have had the same results. Recently, I tried a new product by Almay Smart Shader. Its a primer that is purple and green. The green really helps offset the redness. Thumbs up to Almay! Finally something that works.

8. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    My current favorite is Max Factor's kohl eye liner pencil. I've tried many brands of eye pencils, but when I got this one, I got hooked. I love it for its its smooth texture and ease of application. Its pigments not only give high coverage, but it is also long-wearing... features that get full marks from me!

9. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I've been using the same foundation for quite some time now; It is Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers foundation. It's not really a full coverage kind of product, but that's what I'm going for. It leaves my skin looking dewy, but not oily, and it's very hydrating! I've even slept in it some nights and it doesn't seem to cause breakouts, and I have extremely sensitive skin! My skin is very fair so it's difficult to find a natural-looking product, but this one has my heart! It's very natural, clean, and fresh.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I love Urban Decay eye shadows and eyeliners. For foundation and primer, I really like Smashbox's healthy fx foundation and photo finish primer. They are great for everyday but look amazing in photos! My skin looks completely flawless in the photos I've taken when I've had them on. I like Benefit high beam for highlighter and their blushes are great too. I also like MAC blushes, eye shadow, lip gloss, and lipsticks. For mascara, I'm not one to ask because I'm very fortunate to have long thick eyelashes (I've even gotten compliments before). So I use whatever free sample I get when there is a bonus time with one of the brands I use.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love the MAC bronzing powder. I definitely like their eye shadows, some of their shades suit my dusky skin better than most products. Although I don't use eye makeup so much I would still go for MAC.

12. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always looking for new beauty products to try. My skin seems to change a lot, so my makeup and facial care have to change also. Right now, my favorite makeup is Clinique Even Better. It gives a balanced look, gives great coverage and doesn't break me out. I've been thinking about trying a foundation by sheseido. I've been using a sample of their moisturizer and really like it.

13. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Not really a make-up product. but Skinlan eye gel with collagen is good for under the eyes.

14. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite makeup product of the moment is actually mascara. I do not wear anything else except for lipstick occasionally. But I do like wearing a good perfume too sometimes, at the moment I am using Heat by Beyonce. It is a great lotion. More than that I cannot say.

15. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    Kat von d's make up is killer. You should try it. Long lasting. super colours!!