What Is Your Favorite Means Of Transportation?

Discussion in Travel started by Moroccanbeauty2266 • Jul 13, 2016.

1. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I was wondering what your favorite means of transportation is.
    I do not own a car, so I have to rely on taking the bus, tram or train.
    There are many more, such a boat or plane.
    My favorite ones are train and plane. You can relax and just enjoy the scenery that you pass by.
    If I would own a car that would be great because I also enjoy the feeling of independence that it gives you.
    What about you?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean regular or routine transportation, I would prefer my car because I love to drive. It's an ordeal to take a public transportation because they are too crowded with so many passengers be it a bus or a train. My only alternative for comfort is the taxicab which is very expensive and too difficult to get one especially during the rush hours (Metro Manila rush hour starts at 6am and lasts until near midnight).

But hopefully, the government will be fixing the train system that it will be an efficient means of mass transport so the public will not use private cars anymore.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It might look odd but my favourite method of transportation is by foot. Over time, I have developed the ability to travel over long distances on foot. This however will depend on whether I have goods, tired, in a hurry or the mood am having in a particular period of time. In this case, I really enjoy using matatus which are Nissan vans in our country used for mass transportation. Both of there methods are cheap.

4. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    I love walking, even if it's a long distance I'd rather walk than taking the bus or a tram. It really helps me thinking and concentrating, since nothing helps me focusing like a walk outside. On top of that walking is cheaper than buying train or bus tickets, and it's good for your body.

I also use the tube when I need to go in distant places: it's not too hot, not too crowded and you can go almost everywhere in no time. I would also use buses but they aren't punctual at all, and on top of that there are always a lot of passengers on them - this means that they aren't safe and comfortable.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I love riding the bus especially on long travels. I just love relaxing on my seat, enjoying the view while the bus driver takes me to my destination. I also find it more economical than having to gas up a car for long drives.

6. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    While to talk about my Favorite Means Of Transportation that ever suite I then will say its bus. I love to travel by bus and always found it convenient to me. As these days going to go for fun by bus through

and very happy for it.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love flying! I just love the whole airport atmosphere, especially if I'm travelling and the journey is a smooth one. I get this unique feeling that I get from nowhere else whenever I'm at the airport. I don't even have to be flying; I could be there to meet someone or seeing someone off LOL I absolutely love the feeling I get when the plane courses through the runway and then descends off into the sky. The discomfort and slight pain I get when my ears pop because of the pressure doesn't even bother me, because I'm that excited and over the moon to be taking to the skies! I never even think any negative thoughts like we might crash or be highjacked, I escape into a different world, a world of my own!

Besides flying, I like to travel in my own car, which I currently don't have hehe. I currently have to rely on public transport, and I absolutely hate it. I hated it when I lived in England because the trains were always late and so jam packed you rarely ever got a seat. The trams were always breaking down. In Botswana, the situation's even worse because we don't really have a sophisticated public transport system, relying instead on taxis and privately owned mini buses. The drivers of the latter tend to be RUDE, drive recklessly and have absolutely no consideration for the passengers. There are no set schedules and they seriously take liberties. Taxis are much better but pricey and unsustainable, sadly. So on that basis, I have never wanted a car of my own as much as I do right now!

8. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    For long distances, my favorite is the car. I just like the flexibility to make a pit stop or to take a side road to get to a destination. But if I'm just going somewhere close, I really like to ride my bike. That's has been my favor form of transportation since I was young.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to drive, but it got too expensive so sold my car back in about 1990, relinquished my license in 2012 and bus only which I regret now for there was a sale on cars at Subaru for under a hundred dollars in Aug., but well I'm a senior citizen, so I guess I'll be satisfied with riding the bus. I like flying too, no boats though for I get sea sick. Trains are okay...soon we'll get rail services on Oahu too...as long as it's air conditioned I'll like it!

10. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to walk. It's gives me a certain sense of satisfaction to be able to walk to the supermarket and back again. The supermarket is only two kilometers away. I know some people will probably think that it's no big deal to walk there and back. However, for an old man like me, doing it successfully gives me a sense of achievement. It's like "Oh, great! I can still do it."

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Car if it’s close, plane if it’s far. I would love to be environmentally conscient when it comes to transportation. But I’m all but allergic to public transportation, and it’s so hot where I live, so I never really walk or bike anywhere. Not to mention I live in a huge city, so it’s a bit dangerous to just walk places. I love having a car and unless I can’t, I prefer using it than anything else.

12. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a big city, too. For short distances of under one kilometer, it is definitely faster to get there by foot than by car. Is it dangerous to walk in a big city? No, at least not in the one I am living in. There are footpaths just for pedestrians and the city council makes sure that the footpaths are not taken up by roadside hawkers. In some places I have visited, it's impossible to walk on the footpaths because of the hawkers. In my city, all hawkers are only allowed to do their business in designated spots.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walking! (Or hiking lol). I wish I could get everywhere on foot. Since I can't, I rely on car. I don't drive, so it's nice to sit back and enjoy the scenery until I get where I'm going, but pollution, traffic and the cost to own a vehicle aren't ideal in the least.

14. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Trains are my favorite mode of transport because there will be fewer delays and once I am on the train I can relax. I also like walking, but it depends on the weather and the state of the footpaths. If I can I will walk, but one has to be practical too, and if you are carrying heavy items it's not the best choice. I have walked distances with wheeled luggage and also a backpack, so I can do it, but a train is more pleasant.

15. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite ones train or else my own car driving by myself.;)

16. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I own a car and it is my most favorite form of transportation. But most of the times I would like to go for a public transport due to many advantages it offers like it is the most economic way of transportation. I am also contributing to lessen the pollution by sharing a public transportation facility. But while going for a trip with my family I would use my car which is convenient and economic too. I can’t enjoy the same freedom anywhere else.

I hate train travels as there is very limited freedom and also trains run through places where there is nothing to see outside. I want to see new places while travelling and it is possible only when I use my own car.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have experience transportation by car and the air plane. My favourite means of transportation is car, precisely bus or the luxurious bus where I can be a bit more relaxed. I like the air plane too, I feel I can be in control more if I use the car.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My first choice is my car for a distance up to 300 km but beyond that I travel by train/bus and if have to go in nearby areas within 4-5 km I use a two wheeler a motorized one or a bike.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I love to ride bike and i have 125, I have that bike since long time and this is one of my favourite ones too.

20. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    My feet are my best friends. When the distance is beyond their capability then a car, bike or plane would be my next choices.

When these options aren't feasible I wouldn't mind sitting even on a bullock cart :) . Anything would do as long as the purpose is served!