What Is Your Favorite Online Earning Website?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 24, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you mean they have to unlock? With most other PTC sites - the GPT sections; you don't have to unlock anything. Can you see my issue with Clixsense now? It just seems like things are difficult on there where they do not really need to be. Very convoluted, and I just couldn't be bothered to learn their many ropes.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Oh you can certainly say that again, DreekLass!!! ClixSense stuff doesn't ever seem straight forward. I'm not even sure I'll last the, and like I said, I'm still kind of feeling it out really. RE the unlocking of tasks (for lack of a better phrase), you basically can't just start doing the CrowdFlower tasks just like that. There's some sort of test you need to take first, but I swear it's like the frigging holy grail and nobody's telling you exactly how you go about qualifying. I had to dig really deep into the site to find out. There are many other newbies like me who are wondering why they can't do the tasks, and they keep asking and not getting the right answers. It's just WEIRD and downright frustrating and will get old very fast for me. I guess that's why I've never been a huge fan of PTC sights, why I decided to give ClixSense a go is beyond me LOL

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    There is someone on FC who seems to be well versed in Clixsense, and always willing to offer information about his earning ventures. How about asking him how to crack the code? Everyone was talking about how Clixsesne was the next big thing in PTC, but for me the only one that has never let me down is neobux.

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass...I was back on last night, and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to stick around! I think I know who you mean, because I think he's been with ClixSense forever and loves it, but I think I may be wasting his time because all this messing around trying to find out information that should be readily available has taken the spark off for me. I think I'm going to cut my losses and quit while I'm ahead LOL :) I knew there had to be a reason why I never liked PTC sites hehe

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    You never know until you ask. He probably has all sorts of shortcut secrets. But if you aren't interested, then you just aren't interested, and your time on there would probably be much better spend elsewhere. Somewhere that employs more clarity, and somewhere that pays more whilst you climb the ranks.

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh absolutely, DreekLass! I've concluded that I seriously need to cut ties with the site and just focus on things that do interest me. I don't know why I even bothered because quite frankly, PTC sites don't appeal to me at all and never have. I find them laborious AND tedious. I think because I recently lost two earners, and online work has generally slowed down, I was a bit more open to testing the waters. I guess now I can at least say I did try :)

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well you probably though that it was worth a shot because everybody else is always raving about it. I only ever really hear good things about Clixsense, to be honest. But my own personal experience was nothing like that of what I had heard previous to signing up.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do a few usability sites that I enjoy, but there's not enough work to go around, it seems, and so I'm in search for additional opportunities. Meanwhile, I'm spending some time on the perk and lucktastic apps, scratching cards for points I can then use to enter sweepstakes. I doubt I'll get rich doing them, but I'm also not getting rich starting and being disqualified for boring surveys. I was doing o.k. with the surveys for a while, cashing out about $30/month, at least. That may not sound like much, but it covers my gas bill, and if i add a few more dollars, it also covers my phone (VOIP) bill. Anything that can bring in a little money for little effort, or more money for more effort, is good in my eyes. Fingers crossed about the scratch cards. They also give away things like XBoxes and Walmart/Amazon giftcards. I'm still accumulating points on YouGov via their surveys, and it looks as if the best deal for me will probably be to cash out via a CVS card when I get enough points. There's one near the house, and I can use it for health & beauty supplies.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am constantly getting invites from usability testing websites such as Whatusersdo, which pays twelve dollars per test, which amounts to £8 per test over here in the UK. Qualifying for them is a different story, but you do qualify more often than not in my experience. I guess it depends on demographics.

10. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Just now discovering Swagbucks. I signed up quite awhile back and couldn't figure it out right away but I found what I was looking for and now I'm rolling with them. I don't care for the surveys but I watch videos and I also shop through their portals. I should reach my first $25 payout pretty soon. They are fast becoming my favorite site.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    That just goes to show you different things work for different people, I guess. I too have never heard anything negative about ClixSense. I'm sure I'd enjoy it a lot more if I could do the tasks, but frankly, I don't see the point of sticking around just to click ads. I doubt I'd be able to cash out any time soon. So on that note, I've decided to cut it loose, quit while I'm ahead type thing :)

12. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Demographics are definitely my downfall, with regard to sweepstakes. I do think it probably works in my favor for studies, though, and possibly for usability tests. If I can ever come up with the money to upgrade my system, I should get more tests and therefore more income, and that's something I'm working toward. I am happy to say that I cashed out on YouGov and ordered a CVS gift card, but I'm a bit dismayed that it will take 4-6 weeks before I'll receive it. That seems excessively long to me.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    Wow congratulations, Diane Lane!!! I seem to have been at it forever on YouGov, with no end in sight LOL I mean, I get a lot of surveys and easily do about 3-4 a week; but my! it takes forever to pile up. I mean, I know in the end £50 is a nice figure, but I just wish it didn't take that long to reach the cash out threshold. The 4-6 weeks waiting time for your money is also ridiculous. I had no idea because I have never cashed out.

14. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I personally love swag bucks as well I have made close to 200 dollars from that site in the last year and half, now I stepped up my games and make about 25-30 dollar a month. I have never had a problem with the site. Next year I am going to save all my sag bucks toward a amazon gift card to buy a nice camera I think.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I hate sweepstakes. They have always been a complete waste of time in my experience. Nobody ever wins. I feel like they are a simple ploy to get people to spend their hard earned points, just so the company doesn't have to pay out as much as they otherwise would have.

16. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Oops, I actually misspoke there. What I meant to say was that demographics aren't my friend with regard to surveys. I actually do better with sweepstakes than I do with surveys. Although I have been able to cash out a few times on PaidViewpoint and Ipsos, and just recently cashed out via a gift card on YouGov, I definitely think I give more than I get in that realm.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    I cashed out with YouGov a couple of months ago, and the money came in really handy. But it just takes to long to reach that £50, I find. It can get discouraging. It took me about six months. I have since began to work on mturk. It is an absolute monetary jewel!!!

18. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the person you referenced sings the praises of Clixsense because he has hundreds of referrals there (and is trying to get more). I just can't get into it, myself. I suppose if I were earning passively from 100's of other people, I'd love it too. I'm just not that great at getting referrals.

MTurk can be good, from what I've seen. I've read from others that they make great money there. I've yet to make it past the first tedious parts to get to the better paying tasks though. I should redouble my efforts there at some point.

I haven't had much luck with sweepstakes either. Publisher's Clearinghouse burned me out.

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently making a bit of money with survey, forum-commenting and article-sharing sites. It takes time to earn at these sites so you should not rely on them alone. Find other sources too. If you pit them together, you'd earn enough to get by for a few days. Still, you have to take account the time it takes to transfer money from PayPal to your bank account. A stable online job from sites like Upwork, Fiver and Guru is a much better bargain.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think you are right. But he still seems to have in depth knowledge of how to do well on clixsense. So he must have known the ins and outs of the site to have been able to pitch it to potential referrals in the first place.

Seriously, mturk is a Godsend. I don't see myself struggling for money again working with them, and I am still a beginner.