What Is Your Favorite Online Earning Website?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 24, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for posting the link :) I just went ahead on and checked it out, and at first I thought that the reviews were fake because they were all mostly one liners. But the further down the page I went, I noticed some more in depth reviews, and it seems to be a good little earner that is not yet oversaturated.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a question for those of you discussing / using PeoplePerHour. I went to the site and saw this
    • Pay a downpayment to start the job
    and I'm confused. Does this mean users have to pay to use the site and get jobs, or is this relating to people looking to hire workers? @Lushlala@Lushlala @DreekLass@DreekLass I'm not in the market to pay for jobs, but that seems to be what it's saying. I haven't signed up for the site yet, so don't know how any of it works, but am looking around over there.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass.....it's a pleasure, mate :)

@Diane Lane@Diane Lane...OMG I never saw that before! That's a little worrying because I take the same stance as you, I refuse to pay anything to join a site and secure jobs. I'm sorry, but I'm looking for ways to diversify my income streams, not to throw money I don't have at these online sites....I don't care how good a site is, they're not getting a penny out of me. I'll have to go and have a look. Thank God I haven't signed up yet. Thanks so much for the heads up, Diane Lane :)

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmmm. I did not see that at all when I visited the website, and I like to think that I pay attention to the small details lol. I don't think it means that you have to pay to work on there? Or maybe it does. I don't know. With Fiverr, for any gig that somebody places with you, one dollar out of that automatically goes to Fiverr, so maybe it is something similar to that?

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, if they want you, they should be paying you, not you paying them. I don't think so! I am not going to pay anyone to work. Maybe a minimal cost for a background check that would be it. I just think that is not a smart thing to do. My dad told me years ago, and I think he was right, that any job that makes you pay to obtain it is no good. I have stuck to that idea.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I would never sign up for a site that would require me to pay a fee to join. The whole point is to make money on the site. I even quit using Inbox Dollars because they charge you an almost $3 fee to withdrawl your money if it less than $40. Now they do give your $3 when you reset and starts over again cashing out, but it takes forever to get to the cashout amount anyway.

7. Lushlala

Threads:

Oh wow, $3 is way too much to charge people just for cashing out! I too would have quit. I mean, I did quit, but for altogether different reasons, including the site being a very, very slow earner paired with what to me is a very high cash out threshold for the pace at which you earn. I think them giving you $3 when you reset and start over again is a very good incentive :)

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    If my memory serves me good, there was a site charging even more; Sponsored Tweets. It was like about $5 if you wound like to withdraw less than their minimum threshold. That site is actually up, but continuously changing their business model and with Twitter going in a downward spiral,tweeting for money opportunities are really scarce.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am really killing it on Swagbucks lately, I just cashed out for my second $5 gift card this month. It may not seem like a lot of money to most people, but I do not use Swagbucks very much and it has added up fast. I like to put the videos on and then just let them role through while I am doing other things. It is not going to make me rich, but the Amazon gift card balance is going to look nice when it comes time to plan for next Christmas.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good info @Lushlala@Lushlala. Thanks for that. I've long been curious about this site, but I just haven't ever really dug into it. There are just too many out there, and I grow weary of sifting through them after a while. It's become harder and more time consuming to find jobs than it is to do jobs. Sigh.

I certainly appreciate it when others share their findings, and I will do the same if I come across anything worthwhile. I'd love to find some more *legit* ways to earn.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    It's a pleasure @Zyni@Zyni.....for some reason, most of us know of this site, but always seem to overlook it. I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try, especially now that it seems we don't have that many options. I was kind of hoping 2016 would see an influx of new online options....**sigh** Then again it's still early days, so we can only hope :)

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    There are sites that are kind of booming right now, you just have to know what you are looking for. I have been having a lot of good luck working on Mturk recently and always try to make it a point to earn at least 2 dollars on that sight each day. I do not spend all day on their either, 2 hours a day is my maximum limit.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    That's good to hear, @Rosyrain....I feel good about this year for some reason. I just feel like this year I'll be able to boost my online earnings. I don't quite know how, but I can feel it in my bones LOL It's a shame MTurk is only open to US residents, it's one site I'd like to have been able to join, for sure :(

14. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I did not know that MTURK is only open to people in the US, that is a shame, it is a good way to make a couple dollars each day. I worked the site for about an hour last night and earned like $1.60 for doing 3 surveys. Not something you would ever get rich at, but it is a nice way to put a few extra dollars in your pocket each day

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    To be honest @Rosyrain, I don't think they make it abundantly clear that it's not open to Non-US residents. Well, at least clear enough that some people don't get confused. I know for a fact that they don't accept people from outside the US but I've seen some international workers getting excited because they were able to register, and had even started work. I did try to warn them, but I think they think I'm being jealous or something.

I've heard that you can register and start working from anywhere in the world, but then the problem comes in when you try to cash out, when it become apparent you reside outside the US. I don't know why the site doesn't just spell it out or flash up a message when you register, to say you're not eligible to join.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't do much on MTurk. I should probably revisit it.

Do you mind sharing those booming sites? Fee free to PM me, and you can include referral links, if you like. If I join any of the ones you recommend, I'll use your links.

I've grown exhausted researching legitimate sites for making money online. It's often more time consuming than doing the actual work is. Sigh.

I need to find a couple more decent online earning sites, but I haven't had a lot of luck lately.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    @Zyni@Zyni I feel your pain! I feel like good online opportunities are not as many as there used to be. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places? There used to be a time when I wasted too much time on searching instead of working with the few sites I have, but I've done well to curb that and now refuse to spend any more than 30 minutes doing that. More often than not I draw a blank anyway, so what's the point really?

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually met the same fate with MTurk. I was under the impression that it's open to all until I was told that they couldn't entertain my application. What bothered me then was that they did not tell me the reason why my application was rejected. They didn't interview me either and I simply followed the simple instructions (which didn't require an IQ test, by the way). What could be their basis? Now what you said makes a whole lot of sense and it's probably the only reason why I couldn't start with MTurk: I'm not a U.S. resident. If they're decent people, they'd inform everyone from the outset. They're pretending to be a non-racist company that offers equal opportunities to all. How deceitful.

19. Lushlala

Threads:

I agree with you, xTinx, they could do with being a whole lot more transparent, because clearly, a lot of people are not aware the site's open to US residents only. They're a big enough company, surely they can do what some of the other sites out there do i.e they detect where you are and if you're ineligible to join, a message flashes up telling you you can't join. I've seen a few like that recently, including GlobalTestMarket and I thought that was pretty neat. I was disappointed, but appreciated the fact that they saved me my time and energy. I think all sites should follow that lead.

20. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I have tried twice to get on with Humanatic but they keep turning me down. I do Swagbucks and also do freelance writing for a few sites too. I like Textbroker ok, I just wish they paid more per article. I am going to check out some of the places you've all mentioned here too. Also, I came across a page online that has many different types of work from home jobs on it. Now mind you, I have no clue which ones are legit but if you all would like to take a look at it Go here: