What Is Your Favorite Pickle?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by liquidfuzzy • Jul 13, 2015.

1. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I am looking for the perfect pickle. I love baby dills but anything super crunchy will do. I strongly dislike sweet pickles! I like pickles that are spicy, zesty, and garlicky. Since I can't buy my dad's pickles at the store, does anyone know of a good pickle I might love? What do you love in a pickle? What do you consider the perfect pickle?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    You stole my answer ;) I'm all for the baby dills myself. I like a good amount of crunch and a relatively small pickle. I'm fine with spicy and garlicky flavours too but I enjoy sweet from time to time.

3. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    ha ha what an awesome question.
    I LOVE gherkins! They are the best pickle.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite pickle are those savory mini-pretzels imported from Austria, which are sold at some delicatessen stores.

Walmart sometimes have mini-pretzels, but these are salty and sometimes or a really strong wheat flavor. At the delicatessen store, there are also "tapas" a sort of snack that is widely consumed in Spain, which comes in different flavors; bacon, Gouda cheese, and so on.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Bread and butter pickles are my favorites, but they can be pricey. I did try making my own once, and they were quite good, but I haven’t done it again since. Other than that, I’ve always liked kosher dills. I enjoy the garlicky-tart taste.

6. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I like mustard pickles. Homemade ones are the best. My mom use to make Lady Ashburn pickles which were the best pickles I ever tasted. Nobody made them quite as good as she did. You can usually find them at the local markets. Other then those ones my favorite are dill pickles of any kind. I love the crunch of them and the more garlic the better. I enjoy all kinds of pickles though. I don't think I have ever had any that I didn't like.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bread and butter pickles are my favorite. Dills are good, some times I will put dills in my potato salad and when I want a sweeter taste I use the bread and butter pickles for the salad. I also add pickles to my tuna salad mix.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    That’s always been my favorite way to eat pickles. I used to eat them on veggie burgers as well, but I had to reduce my consumption of those since I figured out I have a soy sensitivity. That does give me the idea to try them with black bean patties, though. I don’t think I ever did that.