What Is Your Favorite Street Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Shine_Spirit • Jun 4, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I love chili dogs, and when I was on Spring Break in Mexico a longggg time ago, there was this hot dog vendor who sold hot dogs that had chili, cheese, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, ketchup, and mustard on them. That was one mega-combo, but it sure tasted great. We stopped by him every day to get that awesome hot dog. When I got home, I tried to make hot dogs the same way he did, but they never tasted quite the same. This guy did it right. :cool:;)

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite street food is cakes and avocado. I usually buy them in
    the evening when going home. The problem with snacking on cakes is
    that they are addictive and once one develops the habit, its hard to
    drop it especially considering the fact that I take them together with
    tea which adds up my bills over time.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like things like sno cones and shaved ice. I guess they would hardly be considered food, but they could be. I just like the delicious taste especially if the day is hot. There is nothing quite as good as some of those foods when the weather is warm.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I can tell you about my favorite street food but the only problem is that most of you might not have even heard the name of that item. I am not fond of that item but my wife can't live without them so in some cases I have to travel almost 60-70 km when she insists to eat them. Yes the item is available in every corner of my native country especially in North India but at my current location we have to go to Indian markets/restaurants to get this tasty item called PANI PURI. :)

5. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I can't really say that I have a favorite 'street food' but I do buy a lot of hot dogs when I'm in a particular hurry and don't have time for a proper meal. This doesn't happen very often for me, though. I tend to mostly pack my own lunch and take it to work in order to avoid such situations where I would end up eating something totally unhealthy.

6. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I stay in the City of Mumbai, India. It's the city that never sleeps and people here are so busy, that's they sometimes need to have their meal on the go. One dish that fits this on the go meal is called "Vada Pao" and it is my favorite street food. Vada means a patty and Pao means bread. I just love this dish. It is so easy to carry and eat when you are walking. It's also called the Indian version of a western burger. It is basically a spiced potato patty inside a bun. You can see it in the picture. It costs just about 14 Indian rupees which is approximately equal to 0.22 USD. When your pocket is low on cash, Vada pao is the best street food you may opt for. :)

Attached Files: