What Is Your Favorite Supermarket Chain/chains

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jun 13, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Aldi, Coles, Woolworths for grocery, vegetables and fruits etc and stores like Kmart and Target for dayily need items for their good quality and cheaper price. What are your favorite stores please? By the way, back home I prefer to shop at local markets, Vishal Megamart for my daily use shopping.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a local supermarket called Times Supermarket which has weekly sales that I like a lot. Since Walmart has opened a few years back I found some things cheaper staples like frozen potatoes we love here at Walmart. Great food prices so I like Walmart a whole lot too. We have Foodland supermarket too, which has good prices on certain things I like. Safeway has $5 Friday's that you can get terrific things for such a good price. I've found butter mochi that we love that's so moist for so inexpensive unlike other stores that has just 5 one inch slices for $5, way too expensive, so I get my butter mochi from Safeway. CVS & Walgreens has good weekly sales too with some wicked in store specials that I love too. I'm so glad we have all these stores I shop at. Good to have choices to shop for with all different store products which is cheaper. Today I found Gold Emblem dates, 8 oz. for just 2.49, so cheap! I love no sugar added fruits like Gold Emblem has, but like all store brands, so cheap. I wish we had dollar stores here on Oahu. We had some, but they closed up.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy the Walmart chain as it carries almost everything one needs. It's a one trip to one store to get it all pretty much except for the fact that it's kind of expensive, well the fruit and vegetables anyway. In my location there is a local super market which is only 15 minutes away walking and for that reason I find it convinient. I also find many discounts almost everyday there.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I like of them, but Walmart for me is simply unbeatable! I always get very satisfied when I have to buy something from some of the chain stores. The prices are great and always have good deals available. :)

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I think you must be the same country as me but I didn't think there were any Woolworths stores left. Ours closed down years ago. My favourite stores are Aldi and Lidls because you can get so much more for your money. Sometimes I can't believe how much I can get for £20.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite in the UK is Marks and Spencer or Waitrose. After that I like Tesco as they have a good selection of vegetarian food (their own brand). In the US, I like Target the best as the prices are good and also the selection. Where I used to live I liked Market Basket as it was cheaper, but Stop and Shop had more choice and it was better for variety.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 No I am not in the same country but I have visited yours once a long time ago. I am in a far off country although most of the people have their roots from the UK so you can find similarities. Most of the local names are same as theirs in your country and people behave exactly the same as in yours but the only difference is the accent which is way different. By the way, Kmart says they have nothing to do with Walmart and Woolworths is very much catering to our needs- check it out

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Even though this might not be a popular opinion, but i actually like Walmart a lot, i find that they provide a wide variety of products and at very competitive prices which makes it easier to stock up.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I hear about Walmart a lot from US users but I don't know anything about Kmart. Apparently ASDA which is a popular UK supermarket here belongs to the Walmart family

10. Lenier Naquin

Lenier NaquinNew Member

Threads:
    Hands down Dollar Tree is my top frugal source. There are even ribeyes at my local store. There are so many things you can get for just a dollar and this store really helps a lot when your finances are low. I like the freezer section because I live alone and I can grab something to eat for a dollar when I don't feel like making a big meal for just one person.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually enjoy Wal-Mart, where I live at the items you can buy there are much more cheaper than the ones you can get at a grocery store like Food Lion. The deals there are pretty hot as well not to mention they offer a lot more goods then your standard grocery store.