What is your favorite type of cereal?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Treighsie • Oct 30, 2013.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    What kind of cereal do you prefer? Do you like the healthy kind or the sugary kind? Do you eat it for breakfast? Or snack? Do you put milk in your cereal, eat it plain, or put something else in there?

I like special k, cocoa krispies, honey Bunches of oats with almonds, and corn pops. I eat it for breakfast, though not often. I like all cereal, healthy and sugary. And I put milk in mine.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is no healthy kind that I'm aware of. I haven't eaten cereal in years. I used to love Honeynut Cheerios or Mini Wheats..

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly like the boring plain series the best. Special K and Chex are my favorite cereals. I still have a special place in my heart for Reeses Cup Cereal and Fuity Pebbles though.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I just like standard wholegrain cereal that is easy to stomach and not that unhealthy.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah! I forgot Chex! We love Chex too. And Chex mix, yum!!

We love bringing a baggie of cheerios out and about so we can munch on them.

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Oats would have to be my pick for the favorite cereal.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sugarpuffs! I don't know if you get these outside of the UK, but British people will surely know what I am talking about there! :)

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like chocolate or honey coated cereals, plain ones just aren't appealing to me because I don't really like eating cereal all that much, so to get me tempted to eat some, it would really have to be some good cereal. I remember liking Cheerios, but it's been decades since I ate it.

9. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of oats and all bran flakes. These two are the only cereals that can work properly on my system. Oats especially with just milk, and a teaspoon of sugar really works well for me. I am guaranteed that I will go to the toilet and also my body will fill clean and refreshed.

I used to be a big fan of rice krispies and Kellogg's once upon a time up until I realised that these were just adding sugar to my system and not really helping me interms of digestion. I also found that I would get so bloated with a big tummy and end up going to the loo days after, hence I decided let me just stick to oats and all brans.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pretty much like all cereal. I eat the healthy high-fiber cereals sometimes and I eat the junk food kids' cereals too. My favorite cereal when I was a child was Life and Cinnamon Life.
    My daughter loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like a little of both. But my favorite is fruit loops I love that cereal! I have always loved that cereal since I was a kid. I eat cereal for breakfast but will sometimes eat it as a snack.

12. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    If I'm eating it for breakfast, I like Rice Chex, or Honey Bunches of Oats. But if it's for a snack, then nothing beats Cocoa Crispies!

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat cereals as a kid, but not anymore. I will try to revive the habit since you reminded me about it. I used to eat Milo and Koko Crunch when I was a kid, I eat them plain and with milk.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To make sure I get the amount of fiber I need in my system on a regular basis I eat Raisin Bran with lots of raisins or bananas. I also eat granola with raisins and nuts with yogurt instead of milk. Sometimes if it is in the house my snack is Cinnamon Crunch but that something we all eat for breakfast or a snack, so it is not in the house for long.

15. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I love Fruit Loops! I could eat this every morning. But for a snack sometimes like grabbing a few handfuls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Sugary and salty!

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fruity Loops! They have always been my favorites and whenever they are on sale I will buy a bunch so I have them for a long time! I'm not all that crazy about cereal, so aside from this one I rarely eat them.

17. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about you guys, but if there is a cereal that i can't get tired of is cocopuffs. Something about the taste makes me always come back, even though i know it's not that great for my health.

18. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I LOVE cereal! My favorite has to be Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I can eat half the box of several cereals in just one sitting. I love Honey Nut Cheerios, Crispix, Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, Special K Red Berries, Cocoa Krispies, Cocoa Puffs, and Lucky Charms! Sugary cereals are just so much fun!

19. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I love Frosted Mini Wheats or just plain Cheerios if I am going to eat cereal for breakfast. I use non fat Milk with it. I have found some good store brands that have an oat with yogurt cluster and some prebiotic formula (Fresh and Easy has a great one) that is about half the price of the national brands.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I have 2 completely different preferences of cereal, if you were to compare them. The first is Cinnamon Toast Crunch; it's a very sugary cereal. The second is Honey Bunches of Oats; it's very healthy with nuts and honey. In both these cases I enjoy eating it with milk, but I don't mind eating them without as well. I usually eat it for breakfast, but I sometimes have it as a snack as well.