What is your least favorite country that you've ever been to and why?

Discussion in Travel started by yellowbird • Oct 2, 2013.

1. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    What made your experience so awful? Was it your doing or external circumstances?

2. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    Austria- everything was so expensive and the people were rude.

3. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Aw man, my mom has always wanted to go to Austria. Would you ever go back, based on this experience, or no?

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only been to the States, so that's all I can answer with. Still fitting though, not a fan..
    Every place has it's positives though..

5. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    If she really wanted to go I don't see why not but I sure as heck wont be going back.

6. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I hated being in Japan. I spent a month in Tokyo and I stayed in a tiny apartment, everything was super expensive and there was no nature to be seen! Not to mention that everyone spoke Japanese... :D

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No!! Japanese?? The nerve lol..

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I went to Malaysia and about 3 in the morning I have to check out because I have an early train to catch. Told the receptionist I need a cab and I'm going to the train station. Unfortunately the cab driver can't speak english and the whole drive he keeps talking in his native language and just stopped in the middle of nowhere, where it so dark and asking me to get out and demanding me to pay him more than the right fare. Good thin another cab passed by and ask what is the problem. He help me and dropped me to the station. such a horrible experience.

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Fair enough, go to Japan and speak English with them, they don't know they can't speak, they just keep saying yes... :cool:

Sounds pretty bad kitkat, I wouldn't like to be in Malasya at 3AM lost in a cab!

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would probably say Indonesia because of the stifling heat and the dominance of religion. The vast majority of the population in Indonesia are Muslim and I just found it off-putting as I felt like a complete outsider. I am an atheist and I think all religion is nonsense so it wasn't really my cup of tea to be honest.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    India - Bangalore. The traffic was soooo chaotic. If I were riding in my own car I don't think I would have made it to my destination but even the cab I took. . .

12. Jonathan23

Jonathan23New Member

Threads:
    I really liked Ireland it looks so green and feels so fresh, a little bit magical also, like in mystery movies.

13. liron11

liron11New Member

Threads:
    well, my favorite country its israel due to the view and the amazing places, i recomended to trvel to israel, it's really amazing place. The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. its amazing place!

14. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I wouldn't like to travel to Israel because I am afraid of the war or isn't the war all over the country and there are safe places?

15. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Dammit, i laughed more than i should have had. But seriously, expecting seeing nature in Tokyo? Did you even searched what you were getting into before traveling?

For me it had to be Greece. It wasn't that bad, but there was something there that just put me off. It was too... boring.

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I would say India. Because the heat was just excruciating! And it's just always crowded I found it hard to breathe. :-(

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to a lot of countries because I usually travel within the United States. The only countries I have been to are China and Canada. I like China because it is my hometown. I would say the least favorite country is Canada. I didn't like the food there much. I didn't spend a lot of time staying in Canada either.

18. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    The only other country that I have traveled to is the United States, so there's really nothing bad I have to say about traveling to the States, except that some of the people in New York can come across as being very rude and unkind, but, thankfully, not everyone was like that.

19. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Sometimes in bigger cities like this I find myself easily intimidated because the people all want to get where they need to go and sometimes yes, they can be rude. :eek:

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been to Thailand, and though the country and people are beautiful and nice, the weather was just excruciatingly hot. I don't know if I just came at the wrong season, but it was a definite downer to my vacation. Other than that, like I said, everything else about the country was great.