What is your list of most liked Fantasy movie?!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by valiantx • Nov 19, 2014.

1. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Here's my quick list, because there's too many I have seen but cannot remember at the moment:

Lord of the Rings

Hobbit

Fire and Ice

The Fall

Big Fish

Mr. Nobody

Groundhog Day

Edward Scissorhands

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Bruce Almighty

Superman Movies

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The only one which I have liked till now is harrying Potter. It is one of the best movies out there and I have watched them repeatedly. I totally love them.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't pinpoint a single movie. I do keep a list of all-time favorite fantasy movies and they are as follows:

- The LOTR triology comprises some of the best ever fantasy movies I've ever seen.
    - Ever After is just romantic and worth the tears I shed in the past. I doubt I'd be able to cry the fourth time around.
    - Kingdom of Heaven starring Orlando Bloom is a good movie in its own right. It stirred my interest in the Knights Templar.
    - Final Fantasy VII speaks a lot about Japanese creativity and sense of adventure. This one's for keeps.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched a lot of fantasy but I liked the following movies enough to recommend them:

Pirates of the Caribbean.

Jumanji

Avatar - yeah it can fall in the sci-fi genre to but it's also a fantasy.

The Mummy Returns - another of them multi-generic movies that can still be listed in the fantasy genre.

5. batgirl

batgirlMember

Threads:
    I love the Lord of the Rings movies and also the Hobbit series - cannot wait for the new one that comes out very soon! One of my other favourite fantasy movies is Stardust - it is a lovely combination of storytelling and humour and there are some amazing performances, especially from Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert DeNiro.

From my childhood I must mention Labyrinth... I saw it at the cinema when it came out and loved it. The movie has other positive associations as I had my first ever trip to MacDonalds after seeing it :)

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Jumanji was one of the very first English fantasy movie I had watched. I have watched a lot of movies since then. But I prefer TV shows more than movies. Game of Thrones is easily the best TV show to ever air on HBO.