What Is Your Max Budget For Pc Games?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Soulwatcher • Dec 16, 2017.

1. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    There was a point in my life where money was no object (to a point) and I was spending $200~$300 a month on PS3 and Xbox 360 games at Gamestop and I was buying any PC game that I wanted at full price. Times have changed and now I am dirt poor and I have to spend my money sparingly. Right now my max budget for a PC game is $5~$30 depending on how many bills that I have that month and I never go over $30. What about you? What is your max budget for PC games?

2. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Like you, my max budget is around 30 $, but I prefer buying when they cost 10 - 20 $. I'm poor as well and can't really afford to pay more. I already mentioned in another thread that I use alternate web sites to buy games cheaper instead of buying directly from Steam/GOG. Unfortunately, new AAA games that cost 60 $ can't even be found on these for 30 and under, so I have to wait for discounts. It's quite painful waiting for the games you want to have a big discount.

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I spend strictly around 10$ to 15$ and not more than that. It is true that some big games are not available for the price we expect and I have to wait for the discount sale to buy them and then play it. Now I am slowly reducing even that as I am losing my interest in gaming because nowadays I hardly find time in the home for being online so I m thinking to stop playing games from the next year.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    @Soulwatcher@Soulwatcher If that's what floats your boat, then go for it. I mean, I feel the same way about forum software, themes, mods etc.. Anyway, my spending on games isn't too much - mainly because I rarely play. However, though, I'm only speaking about the yearly amount. When it comes to specific buying times, I would normally spend only around 10 USD, but I might splurge and spend 30 USD.

#4Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think I can't think of spending more than 100$ per PC game or even console game. I don't know but most of the games these days in steem are cheap. And buying tbe bulk games under 50$ is much better bet. And that's another reason I'd say PC games are worth it some of the time. I am not sure if the max. budget can be adjusted in such case. PC games are cheap these days though.

6. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    @overcast@overcast Well they don't typically cost anywhere near that much unless you're trying to buy some sort of rare collectors edition. Big studio AAA games cost around 60 $ on launch, most indie games are significantly cheaper.
    And yeah, buying in bulk or buying a humble bundle is usually a much better idea than spending that much money.

#6Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do not really have a set dollar amount but whatever it might be has definitely gone down in the last couple of years. Just seems like the disposable income in general in trending that way, but hopefully that can change.