What is your most preferred airline?

Discussion in Travel started by Jrh2 • Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I am sure we all have favourite airlines which we will choose above others when flying. I live on an island so I only have three airlines to choose from when flying to the UK. Whenever I fly out of the UK I don't know which airlines are recommended, so which airline do you enjoy using the most and why?

I always use Aurigny to get to and from the UK which is a great local airline. They are very caring about their customers and will give a free drink and newspaper to anyone on the plane. Whenever I have been stuck because of weather or another reason for not being able to fly they will always find and pay for hotel accommodation and book a return flight the next available time.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Right now we have a Southwest Visa card so we get free tickets every year on this airline. They fly to our nearest airport and fly TO the airport we use when visiting grandma and grandpa, so for us this was a smart option for saving money.

I like Southwest because they aren't nickel and diming customers on paying for bags, food, and earbuds. I also think the customer service is still pretty good on Southwest. The flight attendants still act like they like their jobs.

That said, because Southwest is so affordable, I feel like it is the flying bus. The other passengers on Southwest, more often than not, are stinky smelly rude people who have very little consideration for manners in small spaces. So for that reason, I just hate flying. I hate flying with huge families of loud annoying kids. (I have a huge family, but my kids are well behaved.) I hate flying with people who have BO and cigarette smoke smell. And I'll just say it. I hate flying with obese people.

Maybe Southwest isn't the only airline with this problem.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It's funny you say that, Claire, because as I read the title of this thread, my immediate thought was:

"I don't know my favorite, but I know my least favorite: Southwest!"

I really hate flying on Southwest and have given up on them entirely. I have flown with them 3 or 4 times now and had problems every single time. :(

4. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    So far my favorite airline has been Korean Air. The flight was extremely cheap, the food was acceptable, the stewardesses polite, and there was leg room. For the money I have never found a better airline.

For those saying that Southwest is horrible, hold your opinion until you do a trans Atlantic on Saudi Air. The plane was a throw over from when it was legal to smoke so everything still reeked. None of the t.v. screens even worked, and they almost crashed when landing at J.F.K. International. This is not even the worst part. Since this was a connection from Saudi Arabia the T.S.A. met us on arrival and had every single person empty all of their belongings and completely searched. One of the customs officers told me that it was more or less standard procedure at the time. Just an all around horrible experience.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite airline is American Airlines, simply because I have a bunch of miles with them, they have the best fares and I never had any problems with any flights I took with them! They are simple, have so many lines and truly have the best prices in my opinion!
    I also like KLM and British, but I only ever used those once each, so I can't say they are my preferred airlines because I didn't use them enough to really test them.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Lufthansa. Only flown with them once though, but I really don't have a single bad thing to say about them. Excellent service.

7. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    From London to America I have travelled with Virgin Atlantic and they are very good.

Comfortable seats, good entertainment, friendly cabin crew and decent aircraft.

Good meals too.

Virgin Atlantic are also very cheap to with Economy cabin.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am true Qantas fan. It's my preferred airline to all the other airlines. Qantas has never let me down in all these years. Their prices might not be the cheapest, but the quality and comfort they deliver is worth the extra money to me. I have used their services for domestic and international flights and can't praise them enough. I have got a Qantas frequent flyer card that has been earing me plenty of points that I can use when I have some emergency and need to fly long distance.
    I live in Australia, where the distances are vast. Catching a plane is as common as catching a bus, only faster and cheaper.

9. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    The best flying experiences I ever had were with Cathay Pacific (flight from Chicago to Tokyo) and Virgina Atlantic (NYC to London). Excellent customer service, incredibly professional, reasonably good food, and comfortable seats. I can't think of a single bad thing to say. Cathay Pacific actually booked me an amazing 5-star hotel room for the night (for free!) because the time of my transfer flight in Hong Kong en route to Tokyo was changed, forcing me to stay a night in Hong Kong. Just incredible customer service overall. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

10. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    My top favorite airline is delta because i travel through many airlines but at the end finally vote goes to delta because its management and all the staff specially air-hostess caring every thing during the travel..

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Virgin Atlantic or British Airways for their timings in general. I a big factor for me is which terminal it lands at and where I depart from. I always liked United when flying domestic, but with budget airlines now I haven't tried those yet.
    I like Emirates when flying East, as their service is amazing and the stopover in Dubai for duty free is worth it.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Well that is good to know because I was going to actually try flying with them because they have cheap tickets and no baggage check fees. I still may try them just for that but still makes me a bit leery after you mentioned this.

13. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    At the moment I definitely wouldn't like to fly Malaysian Air. Maybe it is unfounded fear because of the two recent tragedies, but I just couldn't do it even at a discount. I'd be terrified the entire time that something bad was going to happen.

14. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't fly very much . In the past 5 years I have used Delta, British Airways and Spice Jet (Indian airline). I liked British Airways the best. But i have heard people rave about the German airline Lufthansa. My best flight was to Cancun but I forgot what airline that was because it was nearly 15 years ago. :O