What is your 'must have' list for a hotel stay?

Discussion in Travel started by H.C. Heartland • Dec 27, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The hotel we are currently staying at has wi-fi that keeps cutting out. Its really annoying. But they gave you a nice amenity tray, cable T.V. and a comfy bed. They don't seem to be too worried about getting their internet fixed though. What is your 'must have' list of things for a hotel stay? I'm beginning to think mine would definatley include high speed internet.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a super fan of hotels, preferring tent or RV travel, but if we use one, I need reliable wifi, quiet neighbors or good soundproofing, and a mini fridge at bare minimum. We try to go for suite style with actual kitchenettes but if we can't find one in our price range, we go with a mini-fridge and bring an electric burner and kettle along. We save a ton of money by being able to eat at the hotel and shop at a grocery store vs eating out for every or most meals. I like to eat out but I don't want to HAVE to eat out if we're getting close to our max spending for the day.

3. MsCalamityJane

MsCalamityJaneNew Member

Threads:
    Wifi has been an issue at every hotel I've stayed at. I can only imagine all the complaints they must get.

My only requirements are that they be clean, quiet and have a comfortable bed.

The first "fancy" hotel I stayed in was a disaster! I went into the marble bathroom to take a shower and when I stepped out of the tub I was standing in at least 4" of water. I had never used a shower curtain before and didn't know you had to place the curtain inside the tub. Ugh! I had flooded the entire bathroom. Luckily, when we came back from our evening out it was all cleaned up as if it had never happened. A mistake I will never make again!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been to all kinds, five star to no stars! My main thing is clean towels and a bed with a duvet and a good lock on the door. I am more fussy about the bathroom and whether it has a tub as I don't like showers, but have had to have rooms with only showers.

Wi-fi is important these days, but it depends on my trip whether to work or relax. I have survived without, but having it is preferable without having to use a computer in a lobby. I do like good heating or air conditioning. In Asia you pay more for air conditioning than for a room with a fan.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I like my hotel rooms to be clean, controllable and operable AC/heater system, not stinking of some foul odor, have a TV, working wi-fi, refrigerator that works, a good and properly working bathroom area, towels, cups, and a soft enough bed to sleep on. Everything else is not required for me. Also, I would like a room that is far away from other guests as possible and not near the check-in area. More over, I have require a hotel that does not have crazy late-night people lurking about the parking lot, because I will be very disappointed if my car was to be stolen or damaged.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    We probably can't see hotels today without tvs and internet connection so I guess these are now given. What I wish hotels mush have these days are indoor pools and maybe sauna for guests.

Last month we stayed on a hotel since its too late to go home, the hotel has indoor pool which my kid liked so she swim for hours.

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Cleanlines tops in my must have list. I want the bed, linens and bathroom to be all clean. Refrigerator is not a requirement for me, I can live without it. Everything they put in the ref does not come cheap, so I'd rather go out or buy somewhere cheaper. A working TV, a quite AC Unit and a wifi completes my must have lists.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same, top of my list is cleanliness; clean towels, clean bedding,clean room overall. I don't mind not having a fridge as the drinks usually cost an arm and a leg. A bottle or two of water and a tray of coffee/tea making stuff is always nice. I also like to have AC if it's in a hot country. A TV and access to free wi-fi are the cherry on top but not essential :)

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a given that most hotels offer free wi-fi with high speed Internet connectivity. I like it better when hotels also provide you a mini sewing kit. I tend to lose buttons or accidentally get a rip on my clothes while traveling so a needle and thread would very much be welcome. I also prefer staying at hotels with free breakfast.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not too fussy in hotels as long as they are clean. I also need a firm mattress and good water pressure in the shower. Even better would be a bath tub. :) But apart from those essential requirements, which include silence at night, I am fine. I don't care much about the TV, wifi, or what's in the fridge, as normally I only ever stay in a hotel to get a good night's rest.

11. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    It might be weird but I have to bring my own pillow. I know the pillow cases are clean but at home I use a down pillow and like the softness, hotels tend to use foam pillows that make my ears hurt from laying on them. I don't know why they just do! the down pillows I can squish in a circle where my ear is not right on the pillow, it is in the hole part. I also will bring the usual toiletries and a robe, even if they offer one.

12. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i do agreed with you i also prefer to stay at clean and tidy hotels during my visits. Here i am going to share a list of my favourite places.
    . Merriott hotel
    . Four Season hotel
    . The Ritz-Carlton
    . Trump International Hotel
    . Palazzo Resort Hotel

#12Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  13. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey, I have been stayed at Palazzo Resort Hotel few months ago during my Las Vegas tour. It is one of the best and luxurious hotels of this region. Their services were really quick and enjoyable. Staff and food were also great.

14. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! I am really glad to read your experiences. Tell me something about your favourite travel destinations of Las Vegas. Where you always love to visit again and again.

15. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Definitely a comfy bed. How can one enjoy being in a foreign place if one doesn't sleep well? That sure ruins one's day.

But since I normally choose to use those websites for sleeping in somebody's couch, it's a luxury I have reduced to "having a pillow". That's enough for me.

16. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh.....! That's cool buddy.........:rolleyes:

17. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right my friend. It is one of my favorite destinations of this country as well as of the world. I love to visit this city because of its awesome attractions and best dinning places. It is also one of my favorite shopping destinations.