What is Your Perfect Meal?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kingusama92 • May 12, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    If you had a chance to construct your last meal on this planet, what would it be?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It would involve seafood and rice, as I love both of those things, so I think my perfect last meal would be mussels cooked in wine and garlic, followed by chicken and rabbit paella, with cheesecake for dessert. To wash it all down, I'd enjoy a bottle of cava - Spanish sparkling wine - and a Glenmorangie single malt whisky. If you're going to bow out of life, do it in style, surrounded by your favourite people.

3. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    It would be really hard to pick the specific foods and dishes because I like so many things, but I'll say this - my perfect meal is one that is cooked by someone else just for me. ;) Preferably by a really good chef or celebrity cook. In fact, I'd like Alton Brown to cook my last meal and hang out over after dinner drinks. Since it's the last meal and it's Alton Brown, he can choose what to cook.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I would like vegetarian sushi for a starter. A delicious grilled vegetable pizza with lots of cheese for a main meal. And I would absolutely love my mom's trifle (she has adapted her version, which I prefer) for dessert and/or Tiramisu. I would enjoy homemade root-beer with all of that. (-: Thank you. :)

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for a perfectly BBQ porterhouse steak, garden salad with ranch dressing and a fully (and I mean fully) loaded baked potato. I would have a glass of the finest wine I could get and for dessert, a huckleberry cheesecake! Hey, if it is a last meal I might as well overdose myself on the calorie intake!

6. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I would like a huge plate of sushi of all kinds, lasagne, beef 'rendang' with yellow glutinous rice (you get this in Malaysia), Malay chicken rice, and laksa Penang (also in Malaysia). As for drinks - Don Pedro or chocolate milkshake. I can't decide on desserts - lol. It would probably be Peppermint Crisp, Krispy Kréme's Cappuccino donuts :D

7. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Hmmm, that has made me think! I think I would have to say that it would be an Italian dish. I love spaghetti and ravioli the most. If I had to choose it would probably be spaghetti. Then I would have some cinnamon rolls, a side of asparagus and a tall glass of ice water! Yummm. And just for good measure, since it would be my last meal, I might as well have a whole gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream! I mean, why just a bowl - I won't have to worry so much about my figure anymore!

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is very interesting! I would definitely have some lamb chops, kernel corn on the side, mushroom soup and a half cup of rice partnered with a bottle of orange Gatorade!

9. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my word! How could I forget lamb chops! I love it with mint sauce!

10. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Starter - Prawn cocktail with Marie Rose sauce - live it!

Main course - My mum''s homemade spaghetti bolognese - I'm actually having some for my dinner tonight! She gets just the right balance of tomatos and meat to create a sauce the likes of which I've never tasted outside of her kitchen!

Dessert/pudding - Sticky toffee pudding (even if my dad does end up pinching half of it!)

11. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    My mouth is watering at the mere thought of this question.

My perfeact meal would consist of:

-Seared Salmon with an avocado sauce and mashed herb sweet potatos on the side.
    -Praline Caramel icecream w/ a slice of two layer vanilla cake

I may bake a cake tonight and have praline caramel icecream on this side. Now i'm thinking about dinner and I haven't eaten breakfast yet! ;)

12. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Probably the Seared Ahi Tuna Ceaser Salad I just had was pretty delicious!

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I think I'd choose Lobster. I absolutely love lobster dipped in melted butter. I'm quite sure if I was stuck on a deserted island I could totally live (happily) off of lobster!!!!

14. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Well the perfect meal would be the first meal I ever learned how to cook in my father's kitchen. I was spaghetti and meatballs. I put the perfect amount of season in the sauce. I also love to have chopped up red and green peppers and onions. Also, I make sure the meat is cooks properly and seasoned well. I simply love pasta it takes great with a side salad with it as well.

15. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    24 dozen doughnuts, five XL chocolate milk iced caps and ten pounds of cheesecake ;)!

In all seriousness, it would consist of: my delicious shepherd's pie (but would contain lamb), a big bottle of ice cold Perrier and the Swiss Chalet buns. I would end it with two French Vanillas and two coffees and a giant cheesecake with two dozen doughnuts (apple fritters, honey dips, honey crullers, old fashion glazed, chocolate glazed, dutchies, etc.).

SirTenenbaum, please stop asking these delicious food questions when I'm on my cleanse!

16. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I would choose coconut shrimp with coconut sauce. I love that stuff. I usually order it from Red Lobster when we go there every once in a while. I would pair it with loaded mashed potatoes and corn. For the drink I would have sweet tea because that is what I drink with almost all my meals.