What is your secret for getting deals on clothes at department stores?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 19, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    One of the best kept secrets for getting deals at clothing stores is befriending the manager. Managers know when prices on items are going to be slashed and what coupons are available to the public. I have found that by being friends with a manager of a particular store I shop at a lot, I get excellent insider information that helps me save money.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My secrets to getting deal on clothing in stores is to , sign up for store alerts on when new shipments are coming in. Usually when new shipments come in the prices are slashed and become cheaper to move out for the new items. I also as mentioned above try to have some type of friend or good conversation with the clerks , sometimes they tell you when things are going to be on sale, I have a cashier in Rue 21 tells me when to use my coupons to get extra off of sale items which works out great.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    My mom would totally agree with you, OP, about befriending not only the manager but regular cashiers as well.

For me, it is simply knowing when to shop. For kids clothes, I have price points, and when I see things at my price point (usually end of season clearance) I try to stock up and use an extra % off coupon - or find things online where there are extra discount coupon codes.

As for my own clothing, I have to admit most of my best deals have been out of the blue surprise finds, which are always fun. I don't tend to have seasonal "needs" like my kids, because I'm done growing, so when I see something I like at a good price, I just get it.

Best time to buy boots, I have learned, is in January. Dillards and Belk always mark them down just after the New Year.