What is your take on argyle?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Dec 30, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I have different takes on fashion, especially for men. I found a nice knit sweater with argyle print across the chest with diamond shaped colors of deep cranberry and gray. I didn't give it a second thought about if he would like it or not because I thought it would look very nice on him. Be that said he does like it. Argyle has returned to the fashion circuit in a very discreet way in clothing, socks, sweaters, hats, scarves. What do you think about the argyle style in clothing?

2. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I was never really into argyle. It always seemed really preppy to me. The last time I had an argyle sweater was was when I bought one from Banana Republic a really long time ago. I don't really know what happened to it, I just know that I would always wear it when most or all of my other sweaters were dirty. They tend to look better on older or more sophisticated men though.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Argyle sweaters are classics, but they were fashionable in the 80s. These days it's more about the accessories than sweaters as they are easy to mix and match with. I like argyle socks and my father has caps, but they are used more for traditional menswear.

I think for golfers they are still fashionable, but for everyday wear I think men of a certain generation would wear argyle sweaters.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn anything argyle. It looks nice on some things, but I don't own anything made like that. I have only seen argyle socks and sweaters. I haven't seen any other type of clothing with that type of print on it. I agree that I have seen golfer wear it a lot. I don't know anyone personally who would wear argyle.