What is your top priority when buying a vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 18, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When you are in the market for a vehicle there are a lot of things to consider. Everybody has priorities and those priorities can change as time goes on. Some people shop with cost being the primary concern while for others it may be fuel efficiency. When I bought my truck, I was living in a different town and traveling on very different terrain. I keep my vehicle because it runs and is paid for but it is now way too much vehicle for my needs. When i need to get a new vehicle, I will have a completely different set of priorities such as fuel efficiency and ease of parking in a city.

When shopping for a new vehicle what are you top things to look for?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me it's the overall value. I need a car that is affordable to me, but that is also comfortable, pleasant to drive and economic in terms of fuel, maintenance and parts. I've had a Chevrolet for 7 years now, and it's getting pretty old, so I plan on buying a new car later this year or early next year.
    I could have sold this car last year and bought a new one, but I plan on saving a little more money to get a better car. Since I stay a while with the same car, it's important to me that my I really like my next car!

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I think safety and price are important. I want a car that is going to keep me safe, even during an accident - but I also want to pay a good price. I won't buy the cheapest car necessarily, especially if it doesn't have great safety features.

4. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    In this day and age, for me, it's "how economical" is the vehicle. I am big on looks too though, so I can't buy something that doesn't have some cosmetic beauty;) If I had the money, I would have an electric car. The other car I would love to own would be a Mini-Coupe. I've ridden in one and they seem a lot bigger when you are sitting inside, lots of room, plus they just seem really powerful, power when you need it.

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    My main concern is that it is mechanically sound. Related to that I'm seeing if it is value for money, consider how much life it had got left in it and how much it would cost to repair, if something were to go wrong.

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    There are two things that would really influence me when it comes to buying cars. I really do like my cars to look good as i feel that a car is an extension of my personality, but on top of that i would say that i really do consider the fuel consumption of the vehicle. I do not want to buy a car that does not have a good engine size. I need my car to be good looking and efficient, easy to manage

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The gas mileage is important to me, I drive a lot and do not want to spend a lot of money on gas usage. Maintenance is important also, some cars just cost too much for simple things like an oil change just for the make of the vehicle.