What Item Do You Buy Online The Most?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Kitty Reeves • Apr 29, 2014.

1. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I buy candy the most online. I like to be able to buy it in bulk, and then divvy it up into small baggies and put it all into the freezer. That way, I eat less of it, it'll last longer, and I can just throw a pre measured baggie into my purse or lunch bag and not have to think about it.

What item do you buy online the most?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Books for work and school. I'm a big fan of Kindle and I like hard copy as well. Before going back to school full time, I used to buy a lot of DVD's and occasionally do the digital download thing. It took time to find reputable sellers but it was worth it in the end.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Half.com has some great deals on used DVDs. In fact it's like those selling the DVD's are practically giving them away free. I've never been one to resist a good bargain so every two weeks I always get myself 'fresh' DVDs. It saves me a lot since I can later swap them with others who like movies as much as I do.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The item I buy online the most is no doubt makeup! I am obsessed with makeup and make a makeup order almost every week, but I don't have the time to go to shopping mall every week, so I rather buy online. Also, I find that online stores have better deals and sales than the actual stores. They always throw in some samples that you can choose, while the stores don't, and if they are generous enough to give you samples you cannot choose them usually.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Kindle Books is pretty much the only constant item I order online. I tend to get around 3 or so per month. Pretty much everything else I order is just on a need basis.

Candy is sort of an interesting item to constantly order online. I'd think that'd be a little more expensive.

6. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I buy make-up, and stuff like nail-polish online way too often! I find really good deals on nail polishes (especially China Glaze), where I can get it for $1 when the bottle is selling for $8 somewhere else. I'm addicted, I can't help it.

Another thing I buy online to often is stuff for my e-cig, such as new liquids I want to try and different tanks. I try to keep it under $20, but it's tough.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I buy mostly electronics and gadgets whenever I shop online. I find it's usually more expensive to buy these in physical stores probably because they have to keep up with overhead expenses. Also, I usually see some good promotions on my favorite sites, so I even get my gadgets usually on discount. Plus, it's much easier to return it if the item is somehow faulty because I only have to take it to a shipping company's satellite office which is a lot more nearby to me than our local malls.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy electronics the most too, mostly video games but a few gadgets here and there. It does seem like they are cheaper. With video games, they often don't have the item in brick and mortar stores because it is too old.

9. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my phone accessories online, particularly mobile phone cases , chargers, screen protectors, and adaptors. I have a habit of changing phones when I'm no longer satisfied with a phone model. I also buy phones from online sellers.

I also buy ebooks online. That includes textbooks my sons use for homeschooling.

10. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    It's ebooks for me.
    Been buying lots of ebooks for years, first with peanutpress back when I used pocket PCs and Microsoft Reader (long time ago). That site then got merged with ereader.com at which point I started buying from Amazon instead. I also check out the Baen Webscriptions sometimes as I like to read those type of books as well.

11. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    Everything but food. We do buy candy/snacks in bulk online sometimes because it is cheaper. I have found that a lot of the stuff we buy and need at Walmart or whatever else is cheaper online. You just have to set yourself up so you can have it getting here a few days before you actually run out of whatever it is. Like toilet paper, for example. Surprisingly cheap if you buy in bulk on Amazon.

12. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time when I am shopping online I am buying clothes or shoes. I also enjoy getting my electronics online. Some downsides to shopping online is not knowing how something fits or if the product is any good. You then have to go through the hassle of getting a package back in getting a refund. I haven't had too many issues such as this one shopping online but there is always a chance.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Electronics actually. I don't feel a need to buy new phones, tablets, computer pieces, etc in a real store because I do all my research online. Then I make my choice and find the best deal online. I can usually have it shipped to me within 3-5 days. I don't have any "emergency" needs that would require me to have it before then usually, so I'm fine to wait a few days to receive my new goodies in exchange for good prices and not having to go out for them.

14. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I buy books and games online mostly whether from Amazon or ebay. I also have ordered my ipod online as it is much cheaper than buying it from my country. People put such a high prices for gadgets here just because they are all import products! I don't usually buy things like clothing because it is always necessary for me to try before buying them.

15. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    I used to buy baseball cards off of eBay. Much better selection there than at any flea market or card shop, and I love the adrenaline rush of eBay auctions.;)

16. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is electronics. I tend to find that I can get a good deal on electronics such as stereos among others at a cheaper price when I buy them online. My favorite place that I visit to check out on some good deals is eBay and Amazon. I just love browsing through the deals to see I can get for myself.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy electronics and electronics related stuff the most. I notice that the prices are cheaper when buying online when it comes to physical stores. Also, I have started buying 2nd hand items recently because I can't afford to buy brand new ones, so I've been looking online to get better deals.

18. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    Electronic equipment and gadgets, mostly for photography. Also some stupid things like bracelets, stuffed animals, pretty much a lot of things that are hard to come by in my country of residence.

19. HarryBajwa

HarryBajwaNew Member

Threads:
    I mostly prefer to buy electronic devices like mobile phones, laptops by online websites. The main reason to buy online is sometime they give us big discount offers on products.

20. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I feel comfortable buying everything online besides food, water and clothes. I've mostly spent money on video games. More expensive electronics like cameras or computer monitors I might prefer looking at in person, but it's easier to find deals and more variety online. I've also bought quite a lot of ebooks. Most stuff in general, I've become used to buying online now.