What Keeps You Motivated?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Dec 12, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all save for different reasons but if we have no clear-cut goals we want to achieve we might end up running out of steam eventually or living miserable lives if we're just saving money because everyone else is doing it.

Is it your saving goal that keeps you motivated to keep going even when it gets hard? Or could it be something that happened in the past?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm saving money simply because I have so many things to do that can't be done unless I fuel them with cash. Face it: this world thrives on cash. If you're short on it, it's going to be difficult for you to survive and make a meaningful existence. Our world has been governed by that kind of system since time immemorial, so we couldn't help but go with this flow. In order to do more, we need to be more and have more. Hence, save money and in the process be empowered enough to fulfill your dreams.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    People worry about their financial accounts too much and deter from mastering to fill their "emotional" accounts! Money comes and go all the time - every human was born with no money and they die without taking any money. It's one's emotional account that should be strengthen and secured, because a strong and powerful one will help one endure through the roughest and toughest of moments in one's journey in life. The reason why so many people give up and lose motivation is that their emotional accounts have dwindled down to empty and such a human is not willing to invest more into it.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Mainly saving for a rainy day, and for important investments, be it a new house/car or your kids' college fees. It's a sad fact but many of our actions are limited by how much money we have.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My thoughts exactly. But when I save, my "savings" don't last long because I save so that I could spend it on something. I have a bunch of things to do and buy that I can't save just for the sake of saving for a rainy day, at least presently.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently lost my dream apartment due to a rent increase, so my desire to have independence and my own place again is fueling my saving and earning while I'm uncomfortably living with relatives.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm just motivated by the things I want to achieve and the things I want to buy to get there. I try to be logical and practical in my approach but it helps to have some emotional or spiritual motivation for that additional push towards my goals. It makes me work hard everyday knowing that someday I will get to my goals and hopefully by the time I will handle it well.

8. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    Personally, I am on disability and a single Mom. It just doesn't pay enough and I'm always afraid of running out of money. So, it's not really either of the things that you mentioned but more of a fear that in the future I won't have the money that I'll need if I don't do something about it now. For this reason, I spend time searching for freebies online and riding coupon trains. I try my best to stretch my money as far as possible.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I'm motivated to save because I want to see myself in a good place in the next decades of years ahead if time and health allows me to prolong my life till that point. On top of that, I want to ensure that I have an adequate amount of money to fall back on just in case anything does happen. I also do have some business that I have to take care of, so all of this pretty much keeps my motivation going strong when it comes to saving. Hopefully in the new year I can save even more.