What kind of blankets do you buy?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Miaka_M • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    My grandmother is looking for new blankets and we have completely different tastes, yet she's been asking me to purchase one for her. So, how do you go about buying a blanket? First, I look for when you want the blanket, if you want it for winter then of course it would have to be thicker than it would be for say spring, and if you were to purchase it for spring then it would be vise versa.

How do you go about chosing?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Our village is close to a mountain so it is always cold in the night and therefore we all need thick blankets for sleeping at night. But as we are living in the city at the moment and the weather is hot and humid, we only need a very thin blanket. To be honest we don't even need it at night but because it is humid outside, we need to turn our air conditioner on to make it cooler inside.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Miami, FL where it doesn't get cold that often, so I have thinner fleece blankets for days that are a little chilly and thicker blankets by Berkshire Bedding for colder days. I can buy the thin fleece blankets at Walmart for less than $5 but the thicker ones I buy at TJ Maxx or Marshall's for $28.

4. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly I only use cotton or a cotton blend. I love the feel of a a fuzzy blanket. I really do. But I can't sleep under or on one at all. It has to be a natural fiber or not at all. It has to breathe. It does get cold in the winter, but strangely, I still get too hot under anything but a thin cotton blanket (open weave) and sheet.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    What you could do is load the website(s) of a major store near you on your computer, laptop or tablet and let her see the selection so she can see what is available, I do this with my dad all the time when he wants something and I know our tastes differ, that way she can't blame you if she doesn't like it. :)