What Kind Of Bra Do You Prefer To Wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Dec 31, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear that. I don't have such a condition, but the feel of underwire bras on my skin can be both itchy and constricting. It's good that I don't have a large chest to begin with. You can always wear sports bras anyway for better support instead of underwire bras.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear elasticated bras mostly. I don't like the bras with the 'bones' in them?? Also, I think I own only one of those kinds of bras, and I hardly wear it. I usually wear sports bras lol. I feel supported the most in sports bras, even when I am not doing sports. I still cannot wait to get it off at the end of the day though. I hate wearing bras, period.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, so I kind of understand why some girls go braless in public, like Paris Hilton. :D It feels itchy and constricting. Elasticated bras are just another name for the regular bra, right? I also prefer wearing sports bras, because they are the ones that can cover your "raisins" since they flatten it, since I notice that regular bras don't seem to cover it well.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    I feel like I am wearing a seat belt when I am wearing a bra, and I fucking hate seat belts. They make me feel even more nauseous than normal when I am in a car. I totally understand why people go out without a bra on too. My sister is kind of possessive, so when her and her hubby come over to our house, I have to put a bra on because my nipples are apparently always erect. I have very responsive nipples. It is weird, and even when I was in secondary school, the girls in Gym class used to poke fun at me about it. Obviously I couldn't help it, and certainly wasn't turned on, since I hated gym class. So I will wear a bra at home if my sister and her hubby are around, but that is about it.

Elasticated bras are just bras without the bones and do not have the clasps at the back?? If not, that is the kind of bra that I am referring to. Yes, they do the job when it comes to making sure that your nipples are behaving lol.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have one of those bras, do those elasticated bras look like sport's bras too but with thinner cloth and with less tight garter? I remember that those were the first bras that I used during my puberty years. Well, I think that it's proper that you wear a bra when her hubby is there, because you know how boys are.. But is your mom cool with it though? After all, her bf lives with you guys.

And nipples naturally get erect when it's cold, so it must be the weather. I remember having to put tissue underneath my regular bras because one raisin is prone to standing up, since it's perkier than the other! Your classmates clearly check out that area for them to notice it and tease you, lol. Were the teasers guys or girls?

6. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest with you I really don't have a choice.
    Since I have a rather last chest I have to have a lot of support so even though they hurt like the dickens I have to wear a bra with underwire. At least that is what I have been told since I started filling out more and more.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    The elasticated bras look like sports bras as far as I know, but I just call them all sports bras at this point??? Though I am sure that they come in all sorts of different styles that I am not aware of :) I think that if it is my house, then I should be able to dress how I want - comfortably, you know??? To even think that my sister's hubby would look at me like that is vomit inducing, and ewww!!! I know how boys are, yes. That is why I only give my time to men ;) My mother doesn't care about my nipples around her boyfriend. Men's nipples are not regarded in a sexual manner. Women's nipples shouldn't be either. After all, they are there so that we can feed our children in a natural manner. But because woman and our bodies have become overly-sexualized to the point that the primary reasons for certain bodily functions, have become secondary, nipples and breasts are a problem - even to the point that it is debated in certain parts, about whether women should be able to breast fed in public -_- If I don't want to wear a bra, then I don't think I should have to.

Same goes for female celebrities, but we get ridiculed for it instead.

No, most of the time I am not cold. My nipples get as stiff as door stops anyway lmao!!! Can I just say how adorable it is that you call your nipples raisins?? Lol!! My classmates were other girls, because we used to have gym class according to sex :) But boys would see us on our way out to the field sometimes too, and say things lol. My rebuttal to the girls who were moaning about my nipples, was always that they were jealous that they didn't have any boobs yet.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I hate wearing underwire bras, because no matter what kind I buy, the wire always ends up digging into my ribs and hurting me. And besides it never offers me all that much support anyways? Also, the last thing I need is a push up bra! My boobs are big enough! :p

The bras I really like wearing has nice wide straps, (so it doesn't dig into my shoulders) and has minimal padding. The other fabric is a satin-y type fabric, except that it's washable and doesn't make you sweat more then usual, like normal satin does. It's all nice and smooth, so no weird bra show throw on certain tops.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did I just read that right Dreek? You now give your time to "men" now?? Anyway, I guess it's because you guys don't get along, while you're sister's hubby, you are cool with? I remember my mom telling me to not sit with my legs wide open when I'm at home, she's giving me some precautions, you know.

Well, for some reason I'm afraid the admin might find the word "nipple" too explicit? lol! :D So I'm using a euphemism. For sure those girls were jealous, that's why they tease you. You know how most young girls are in a hurry to become a woman during puberty.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahaha!!! I find that beings with penises cannot be avoided, so if I have to interact with them at all, I avoid the boys. I only have time for men ;) No, I am very very close with my sister. She just has a problem with posessiveness, and jealousy. I don't think that people should be sitting with their legs open, but men can do it and get away with it. Know what I mean? The double standards between genders really pisses me off ;)

:/ I have said nipple numerous times now lol. So I will let you know how the admin takes it :p I know; I hated puberty, but it hit me at age 9, and these girls were in their teens and still had no breasts, whilst I had the curves, the periods, and the boobs, and couldn't care less.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You got your period at age 9? I had mine when I was 11. But I guess the milk has something to do with it. Girls nowadays are getting periods as young as 6 now, so I think it's a generational thing, because decades ago that wasn't the norm, right? Read this:

I suspect the Elite manipulating the milk again. Well, when we're young, we were not conscious of such things, no wonder little girls get taken advantage of. :(

Dreek you are 5 years younger than me, so I am guessing that the milk you drank was contaminated already. :eek:. I remember that early puberty wasn't common in class back then.

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I wear cotton sports bras all the time. I like how they minimize my shape. I feel really uncomfortable when my feminine figure is prominently displayed, as it typically is in the types of bras most women like to wear. I found that sports bras have the support I like, so I feel basically no movement at all, and they keep me as flat as possible so I am not attracting attention where I don't want it.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The bras that fit me best seem to be strapless underwire bras, so I tend to go through those like crazy. I have a few other bras with straps, some push-up and some not. They never seem to fit quite right, though, so I suspect I’m wearing the wrong size and I need to get one of those specialty sizes that aren’t usually found in brick-and-mortar stores. I do go braless when I can get away with it, since my girls are so tiny that I probably don’t NEED a bra. But most of the time, a bra just makes the lines of my clothing so much more flattering.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're in the same boat as me, Theo! I find that with my weird size, It's not easy to find my bras. So like you, whenever I stumble across a sale, I stock up because these sizes are also very expensive. That's if you're after good quality. I have never enjoyed being a cup size C in my life! I wish I were that small :(

15. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I only wear bras when I go out of the house and typically, the type of bra i wear depends on the shirt or blouse I'm wearing. I wear push up bras or the ones with underwire when my shirt is a little loose since I have small breasts and wearing a regular bra with a loose shirt would only make them disappear more. Although I find underwire bras very uncomfortable, they're helpful at times. Usually though I just go for the regular bras mainly because they're a lot more comfortable and I wouldn't have to worry about wearing them all day.

16. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of the Victoria Secret Bras. After finding about their outlet I actually bought a few bra's there and I realized that they are more comfortable and supportive than other bra brands that I have tried. I usually wear full coverage bras! I also like sports bra's and noticed that some companies are starting to come out with really cute ones! I forever 21 bras are actually pretty comfortable, affordable and last longer than expected!

17. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I have a very big chest s I have no choice but to wear under wired bras as nothing else gives me enough support You can get some really pretty ones though so I do not mind. I would love to be able t wear non under wired bras but I can't really.

18. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up I wore cloth bras and they did not give me the support I needed and during cold months it was awkward. I like bra's with a little padding to conceal stuff and underwire to perk them up a bit. Not like the ridiculous kind that shove them to your chin. But with my size, I was sadly very blessed up top, you have cloth or the pads. I can't wear sports bras. I have not found one that was my size and one that gave enough support to keep them "tame" during workouts. Weird wording didn't know how else to put it. As to going braless, they say it helps firm up your breast a bit or according to a French study. Also it helps relieves the shoulders or at least for me.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Please no wire bras at all they cut into my flesh and make it itch! I like very sheer bras for living in a tropical climate makes it nice to have a breathing bra. Nothing lacy too for it itches. Simple bras that has a thing strap and thin back is fine for me. Name brands are too expensive, so I just go to Ross Dept. store or Walmart to get me a practical bra.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Krisstina Isobe....I have to agree with you on the underwire on bras, I absolutely hate it. It has this way of eventually poking out and digging into my skin. That then rubs and leaves dark marks on my skin, because of the trauma to my skin. Plus, when you try to sew it back in place, it still finds a way to poke through the fabric....grrr!!! I mean, they've been making bras forever now, can they not think of ways of improving on this?!