What Kind Of Bra Do You Prefer To Wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Dec 31, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have quite big breasts, and have done since the age of about ten. Had my teacher point that out in class once to make fun of me lol. But luckily I was not an insecure pre-teen and could see the humor in it. Anyway, I was wearing normal bras - lace ones - at that point. But over the years I have come to see that the most comfortable bras are the elasticated sports bra types.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of push-up bras because my breasts are pretty big as it is, however I do use bras with under-wires and don't think I could go without them. I would be highly uncomfortable. I also do not like sports bras because they press on and make your breasts look smashed....
    My bra of choice is a simple underwired bra with no push-up or extra filling.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have 2 underwire bras, and their fit got a lot better with time, they eventually got looser and more comfortable, so my advice is to wear them out thoroughly, lol!

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    Mine don't have the wire in them either. I find that there are a lot less risks when you wash bras that do not have the wire in them. In the past, there were cases where the metal wire would come out and get caught in a part in our machine, which was annoying, and at high risk pf damaging out machine. The bras with no wire in them usually retain their elasticity, when you wash them. But yours may be different.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wash my bras in the washing machine because the washing and spinning process would wear them out, so I handwash them so that they could last longer. Your bras must wear out quite quickly if you wash them in the washing machine regularly.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know. It appears to be quite the opposite for me. I only have a handful of bras that I rotate through with each use, and when I am not going anywhere, then I tend not to wear bras at all. It is just much more comfortable for me not to wear them, and I can do that when I am at home. I am too lazy to hand wash my bras lol. But when I wash them in the machine, it seems to make them tighter and such, which is strange. It must be the material.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm that's strange indeed, maybe the material shrinks? You don't need to really "handwash" your undies, just pour bleach or colored bleach directly onto the fabric and soak it overnight, then rinse it when it looks clean already. I am quite lazy to handwash too, so that's what I do, lol.

8. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite bras are the push-up bras. I used to wear padded bras, but then I was like "I don't like my chest to look bigger than it really is." Also when I wore the padded ones that was when I wasn't really happy about the size of my chest. So yeah I started loving push-up bras. Now I only get push-up bras. I no longer try to have padded bras because I accepted them as they are. So yay for push-up bras!

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    The material either shrinks, or something happens to the elastic within the material - that may be shrinking. The same thing happens to certain tank tops that I own too. Many of them remain the same size. But my black ones always tighten after a wash, and cling to my body in a very complimentary way. Maybe it is the temperature that we are washing them at. TMI, Sidney lmaoo :p

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I hope they don't shrink to the point that you can't wear them anymore, lol. Well, I'm just giving you ideas on how to wash your undies "effortlessly",lol!