What kind of browsers do you guys use?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pristine • Sep 24, 2013.

1. pristine

pristineNew Member

Threads:
    I use Google Chrome. I think that it is the best browser you can get at the moment. What browsers do you guys use?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Google Chrome as my main browser, but I still stick by Firefox for some minor, lightweight browsing.

Chrome for me is by far the safest and most customisable browser you can get right now. Thing thing is, the majority of people do not use browsers to their full capabilities. Chrome has a webstore which is full of thousands of different add-ons, extensions and plug-ins you can get that make you life browsing much easier and more fun. In a way, it is just like an App store for your iPhone.

3. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    now a days I use Google Chrome because it is fast and has thousands of different add-ons, extensions and plug-ins.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still prefer Firefox to chrome.. it was more customizable and had more addons. I did switch to Chrome because it was faster, but not for long. I would also love to rid my life of shady Google. So I'll keep an eye on this thread for more ideas.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Firefox became a few years ago in my preferred browser. This software gives me the features I need to surf the Internet, particularly with respect to customization and preferences. Also, Firefox is an OS independent program with a code enhanced by dozens of programmers that make it more solid and stable. If it does fail simply restart, not carried with him the entire operating system.

Anyway, I know recognize the virtues of other browsers and I think that Google Chrome is the best option available because it offers speed, security and robustness.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite browser is Firefox, but it has been really acting up lately. I'm currently using Google Chrome by default. I really don't see the speed difference. I also miss some of my favorite plugins.

7. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Firefox for my browsing needs, and that's what I've been using most frequently for many years now, although, Google Chrome is slowly becoming a favorite. I like it's simplicity, it's fast, and it gets the job done. So, Firefox first, then Chrome a very, very close second.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    For anyone fancying to try a new alternative, I would highly recommend "Opera". Pretty quick and nice to use.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks! I'll look into it :)

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a firm FireFox fan. I used to be an internet Explorer fan, but just before IE7 came out I moved to a few others until I found FireFox. The only thing I dislike about FireFox is that it takes a lot memory and I have to restart the browser every five minutes to stop it going past 1GB!

11. SoftDev

SoftDevNew Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox and chrome, but chrome is much faster than firefox.

#11Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox. I have tried chrome because it was apparently the best one out there but I still gravitated towards Firefox because it still runs the fastest on my dell. I am sure I won't be switching to anything new for a long time just because of how attached I became over the years beforehand.

13. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I used to LOVE Firefox. It was absolutely the best in my mind. My boyfriend showed me the ways of Google (yess, I was using predominantly Yahoo then as well for a search engine >.<) and I resisted at first, but now I am a big fan of Chrome and other Google things.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Google Chrome, but if I want to open another Yahoo account that I have simultaneously, then I open Opera. I don't use IE and Firefox, they load quite slow, and Firefox has bugs in showing webpages.

15. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    You can create profiles in Google Chrome and you can open 2 yahoo email account in the same time. Just go to Chrome / Settings / Users / Add New User. The new user will have his own cookies and history.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand Chrome for my desktop. It has given my computer a terrible virus before. Plus I feel like Chrome doesn't have as many themes as Firefox. I just don't feel comfortable with it. I've become accustomed to Firefox.

17. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I mainly use Firefox because I was of the many plug-ins and add-ons that it has. It is of course faster than Internet Explorer.I will never use that browser. It's too slow. I have used Opera in the past and felt that it was okay but not up to the standard as a Firefox. But recently, I've noticed that Firefox is getting to be very slow, and if I want faster browsing, I would have to use Google Chrome instead.

18. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I have Opera, safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer but they all are very slow and when I open more than 10 website at a time they hang up. Now I using Google Chrome latest version because it is fast and have lot of add on in build.

19. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Firefox but switched to Chrome about 6 months back because Firefox would lock up after a couple of hours open.
    I love Chrome, it has tons of extras that I use but lately I think it's having the same problem that Firefox used to have, locking up after a few hours.
    Don't think I'm going back to Firefox though, I have Chrome all set up like I like it now :)

20. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I often use firefox within my windows laptop but when I'm with my linux desktop, I get to use my favorite seamonkey browser. You might not heard of it but surely its almost no different with firefox and I like using it.