What kind of browsers do you guys use?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pristine • Sep 24, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use three. I use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozrilla Fox. Google Chrome use to be my number one but I started having trouble with it so now the main one I use is fox.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use Chrome now too, because I've gotten so used to the interface that I can hardly imagine switching at this point. Also, I feel like it's a lot lighter on my computer when running, although I haven't really done much to prove it to myself. Mostly, I find the ability to search on the address bar a lot more convenient as opposed to the other available browsers.

3. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    Among the many people who are brand sensitive I can personally say am one of them. I have used, I am using and I will stick to Firefox. Since 2003 Firefox has been my choice browser and frankly speaking it has never failed me in anyway. This browser offers a wide range of add ons and update notifications which as a reality I personally love most because I can always be sure of my potential expectations whenever concerning the add on compatibility since they always offer directions on what to do. Also you can easily use, customize, personalize besides having an amazing community.

4. Nevermore

NevermoreNew Member

Threads:
    I was a loyal Opera user, back in the days it was the best browser around: speed dial, tabs, magic wand...With the years other browsers have caught up and now I'm using Chrome, it's fast, reliable, has a lot of useful extensions and it works flawlessly with other Google services. Firefox is good too, but for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I also reckon that Google Chrome would be the most efficient browser there is today. I have just recently discovered that you can control your computer remotely through Google Chrome's RDP plugin. This eliminates the need to install additional software in accessing your computer remotely. All you have to do is to install the plugin on the computer that you are using in accessing your computer remotely.

6. iShootRocks

iShootRocksNew Member

Threads:
    I personally use Google Chrome. Its a very clean, sleek design and I love the customization. I used to be a Firefox fan but it just doesn't compare to Chrome.

7. jeanwatson

jeanwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome, Firefox, and Maxthon-cloud browsers. I may opt out of Firefox soon because it takes up lot of memory and is also very slow or hangs totally very frequently. The last good Firefox version for me was v.22.0 and I reverted to it after experiencing lots of trouble with the version 23.0.

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I don't anyone still uses Internet Explorer, it's so slow and always crashes, it's a shame Microsoft can't improve it... I use Chrome for a while now and I really have no complains, simple and fast, no crashes, what more could I want?

9. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a big Firefox fan. I have used it for years. I like the customization options and it seems to move noticeably faster than Internet Explorer. I really haven't had many issues with Firefox.

10. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Google chrome is actually a hog, by design.

When it was first introduced they bragged on the uncrashability of it. About how it would crash a single tab but keep the rest of the browser working flawlessly. They explained that this would make the browser use more resources and be SLIGHTLY slower but the benefit was less massive crashes. I imagine they still do that to this day.

As a matter of fact, anytime youre on chrome, even if its a single tab, pull up your task manager and see how many listings show up for chrome... (i have 3 tabs open and i see 9 listings in task manager for chrome)

Lightweight chrome is NOT.

But i still love it...

11. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with themarting. I wish Chrome was more lightweight but I still use it because it seems just as fast or faster than firefox and I used to exclusively use firefox. They're both good browsers though for sure.

12. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Used Mozilla Firefox for 90% of the time i been browsing, Internet Explorer on the old days. I did tried to use Chrome for a few days, but it really isn't my cup of tea. I lack some exclusive addons from FireFox.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I use Safari on my MacBook. I like it because it's user-friendly and easy to navigate. It doesn't freeze like the Internet Explorer on Windows. Safari does offer better security and virus protection while I'm surfing the web.

14. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    All I use is Google Chrome. I cannot use Internet Explorer anymore. Ever since I first started using Google Chrome, I was hooked. It just has a better feel to it, and it runs smoother than any other browser.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    When Internet Explorer was updated to version 7 first and version 8 then, this browser became a heavy load and major hassle, making necessary to me find a better alternative.

Since I have always hated Firefox because it loads so slow at startup and never has been as "innovative" as Mozilla has made people believe, I moved to Opera, which is a good and fast web browser.

However Opera has never been totally cross-browser compliant, and therefore I began my quest again. I tried Safari for PC once and while it was cool, it was another heavy-load nuisance.

I found then Google Chrome and was really pleased with it because it was fast and very light, but I later found that Google does exactly what they criticized about Microsoft; getting Chrome communicating with them to send data about one's surfing habits.

Besides privacy problems, Google Chrome also enforce you to have their settings, not yours, so it has limited configuration options to prevent that, in example, you disabled the annoying update that contacts Google many times a day even if there is none to retrieve.

So that I moved into SRware Iron, which is a Chromium-based browser with the same look and feel of Google Chrome, but without the nuisances.

Chromium is the open source that empowers Google Chrome, same that is used by SRware Iron, and many other browsers including Commodo Dragon.

To learn more about Google Chrome privacy concerns, check this out,

16. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I use Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome caused me major headaches. For now Mozilla picks up the slack for IE, and it finally does not have a problem with my AOL..(yes I have kept it forever!)

17. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Chrome looks nice but I don't like its RAM usage. I also have a few concerns regarding my privacy and the data that Google collects.
    I use Firefox since it consumes less RAM than the competition and it also has many plugins that I consider essential to browse the web.

18. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Firefox is my preference here though I don’t love the way the bookmark function is a problem. For is not quite effective considering that it does not book mark stuff perfectly since sometimes it tends to lose its bookmarks and I can find them anymore.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome at the moment, because I got used to it when the Firefox beta was unstable and unusable, and kind of stuck with it. I will probably do a switch to Chromium, though, because I really don't think I want Google gathering more data on me than necessary..

20. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I've been using Chrome for a while, after I switched from Firefox. I find the default interface much smoother and responsive, the rendering times are faster, and it can run userscripts natively. It's not as extensible or configurable as Firefox, but it's not really a concern for me since I don't need much aside from an adblocker and a few scripts. Opera is also pretty nice, although since they switched to webkit every single one of the features that made it unique are gone.