What kind of browsers do you guys use?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pristine • Sep 24, 2013.

1. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I may have to check this SRWare Iron out. Do you have a source for it?

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Mozilla Firefox for as long as i can remember. The browser is fast and the settings are easy to manage. Also there's a whole bunch of options for customization. The browser is secure as well and there's a wide range of add-ons to choose from. I sometimes use Google Chrome if i have issues with Firefox which doesn't happen often.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before my MacBook Pro packed up, I used Safari and was VERY happy with it.Like someone else said it never freezes, works very smoothly, is very fast and I can honestly say I never saw any shady pop up windows. I never knew just how happy till it packed up and I had to revert back to Explorer. Wow, I gave up after trying to use it after a day and swapped over to Firefox, which was slightly better but not much cop. I found it extremely slow and very temperamental. Now I'm on Chrome and I'm really enjoying it. It's not as good as Safari but it's definitely way better than Explorer and Firefox for me.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use Firefox as it is really easy to use and very comfortable. I have been using Firefox since a long time. I prefer to use chrome also sometimes, but only very rarely. I think it is best to use the combination of chrome and Firefox.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I'm browsing and want absolutely no distractions, I use Kmeleon. I know most of you have never heard of it but it's a relatively good browser especially for low end PCs.

When I have lots of things to do online like curate content, watch videos when I'm in the mood and so on, I use Firefox. It's probably not the best browser but it's got some nifty add-ons/extensions which makes me use it [FF] whether I like it or not

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use Google Chrome. I used to only use Internet Explorer because it was more convenient - it already came installed with the Windows. However when I got my latest computer and it came with Windows 8, for some reason Internet Explorer seemed to start giving me trouble. It would stop responding all the time, close by itself for no apparent reason and would be really slow and glitchy. I downloaded Chrome and have not gone back since. I don't even know how IE is doing right now... maybe it has improved? I also never used Firefox and as Chrome is working really well for me I don't intend to try it unless I need to for some reason. I'm happy with Google Chrome!

7. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I used Firefox for the longest time. I liked the look and style of it. I never cared for Internet Explorer, it always seem counter intuitive. But now, I am using Chrome, and after a little bit of an adjustment from Firefox, I am liking it the best.

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well I used Firefox for a few years and finally switched to Chrome. Now I can't get myself to use anything else, because Chrome pretty much has everything I need. It's also considerably faster than firefox and easier to use. I'd recommend it over firefox anytime.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chrome, but pretty much only because I got used to it and I don't feel like switching to Firefox/Nightly again. Firefox would be probably a better choice overall, though. It's not a Google botnet. :)

10. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love Firefox but I notice in the past 2 months that it's been getting too slow that's why I started switching to Google Chrome. It is ok, but I still like the overall layout of Firefox. I think though that over time, I'm going to get used to it anyway so I just keep on practising with it.

I also love my iPhone's Safari. I think it has a very simple layout and I never have problem with its speed.

11. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Opera is my browser of choice. I don't even remember why I started using it but here I am using it right now.

When a webpage I want to enter isn't supported by Opera I use Chrome, so those are the two I use the most.

I have Firefox as the backup but I rarely use it, however my brothers are the ones who use it all the time.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like simple stuff and because of that's reason that I prefer Chrome over any browsers around as much as I prefer Mac. I like it more than the Safari, because it's very minimal and very easy to navigate around. Unlike others, name it, Safari, IE and Mozilla.

13. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I use Firefox currently, but sometimes I switch to Chrome if I'm having a problem with Firefox. I don't have much of a preference either way, but I'm a little hesitant to give Google all my info/browsing history/etc. I've used Opera in the past, it was fine as well.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Firefox. I used to use Internet Explorer, but then I discovered that Firefox is much better, so I switched. I haven't really thought of switching to Chrome. I am quite happy and satisfied with firefox. There are also times that I use Chrome because it has certain features which firefox doesn't have. But all in all, I prefer firefox.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Chrome. It's my main browser. I used to have Firefox but now I just went straight to Chrome just because it's faster except for the downloads, it kind of chokes at some point for some reason.

16. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Since I am using a Linux system the browsers I can use are rather limited
    I can only download and use Chrome, Chromium, and Firefox; Fireox comes preloaded on the system
    There is also a pretty standard Ubuntu web browser which I only found out about a few months ago so I have never used that.
    I mainly use Chrome, but I will use Firefox every now and then.

17. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I used Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in Browsing. They are fast and user friendly. I do not like IE. I also like the designs of Google Chrome and Mozilla they are simple. The settings and options of the browser is quite easy to understand. I am once an IT Tester and Google Chrome is quite convenient when I am testing my website and web applications.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I ditched Firefox after using it for about 10 years, because it was simply having too many memory problems and the company kept blaming it on extensions when it was clearly a problem with the browser itself that they were trying to deny and keep hush hush. When I realized that all the same extensions I was using in Firefox were now available in Chrome and Chrome could run them all without hogging up several gigs of memory and crashing repeatedly, that was the last straw.

Though, these days I am also having problems with Chrome too. I dislike the fact that they use their own custom version of Flash. Flash is already a mess of technology riddled with security issues, using a customized version of it sounds even worse. It's bad enough Adobe keep pushing out security fixes for it several times a month - how often is Google keeping up with these for Chrome's iteration of it?

I've also been having a bunch of problems with all browsers in how they handle Silverlight - though that's more of an issue with Microsoft. Pretty much any site I visit these days with Silverlight causes my browser to clam up and freeze indefinitely until I get a message asking me of I want to disable the plugin.

19. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I use Internet Explorer for Windows 8.1, not the desktop version but the Metro UI one. Most people say it's better to switch to Chrome, which I did and since it also offers a Windows 8 mode I've long since switched.

20. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    My favorite browser is Chrome. I have the five major browsers installed on my computer because I'm in website development, so I need to see what websites look like in all browsers. But for me personally I love Chrome for its speed and easy syncing between devices. I am curious to see the new Microsoft browser though, since they are totally redesigning it for Windows 10.