What kind of browsers do you guys use?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pristine • Sep 24, 2013.

1. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I am a freelancer so I have Chrome (64bit), IE11, Firefox, Opera and Maxthon installed on my Windows 8.1 laptop. I use Chrome as my main browser and use firefox as my secondary browser. Sometimes, some sites misbehave in Chrome so I try IE for them.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a personal preference for Firefox, and that is the main browser I use on my desktop. I don't use Firefox on my tablet, though. Since it is an Android tablet, it came pre-installed with Google Chrome. I don't dislike it. I just prefer Firefox. For a while, I did have Firefox on the tablet, but in that case, I saw no advantage to having it versus Chrome. My daughter prefers Chrome, oddly enough.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I use Safari in my laptop and my phone. It's weird though, Firefox works so slowly for me. I downloaded it before and never got to use it again though it's still here in my laptop. I haven't tried downloading Chrome yet since I am super satisfied with Safari anyway.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I use Google Chrome but I'm thinking of changing it and switching to another browser because Google Chrome takes up a lot of memory which sometimes causes my laptop to slow down especially when I play high-intensity games that hogs a lot of memory as well. I needed to close my browser during those times which kinda sucks because I never want to reopen the sites I visit, and I have the tendency to have a lot of tabs due to my internet nature.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Google Chrome. It's my favourite browser. I have found that some websites don't load properly on Chrome and then I'll open the same website in Safari or Firefox and they are fine. I like Chrome since all my email for work is Google based and it's easy to access all my documents through Chrome. The extensions available on Chrome are good as well. I often will just use a chromebook for work and it has everything I need to work on web based programs.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like either google chrome or firefox. Both have up dating pages, both have game capacities and both can go really fast. I like the ease of google chrome the best to all that's available. Google chrome is one of the fastest and always improving. Google chrome is one of the most reliable and trusted too.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an iPad , so I use Safari, and I really like that ! I have tried Google Chrome before, and took it right back off because I disliked it so much. It was just confusing to me, whereas Safari is just so easy to use, and does everything that I want it to do.
    Since I do not play any online games, that might make a difference, if that is what Chrome is the best for. I like Google as a search engine; but right now I am using Bing because of getting the Amazon cards with Bing Rewards.

8. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    Clearly, Google Chrome is the most used one today and the fastest one, given the fact that most PCs run with over 8GB RAM. Even though I like Mozilla Firefox as well, I still use Google Chrome for their Incognito feature. I like searching stuff on Incognito without being worried about history or cookies being saved.

9. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I have started using more and more of UC browser. Chrome is still the browser I goto, but mainly for "record-keeping". As in, I let chrome update all the bookmarks and what not, and then I go back to using UC browser. This way, when I login to chrome from a new system, all of the things I need are in one place. UC browser is faster and a bit more secure.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Never been a fan of IE, as it can be really slow and clumsy. But since I reformatted my computer, I only use Chrome and Firefox. The one I use the most is Chrome, because Firefox can be a bit laggy. On certain sites, firefox will freeze up my entire computer, and I have to wait until it unfreezes before I can do anything at all. That does not happen in Chrome.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have quite frankly yet to come across any better than Safari, which is smoother and quicker. Since I started working offline, I've gone back to using Google Chrome in work too. It's actually not too bad. The only problem is that the internet speed at work can be very, very slow, so that can affect its performance. But I think I'd enjoy using it if the internet performed a lot better.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My computer does not support firefox anymore, I am on an XP computer. I use chrome now,

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    When I first had Safari, it was smooth and very quick. But it just wasn't as satisfying as using Chrome for me. And I noticed the cache was getting full pretty quickly. I had to keep emptying it with all three browsers that I was using, and then Safari slowed down considerably. I then reformatted my computer, and never installed Safari again.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass....oh dear, that's not good! It's such a shame, because it's worked out so well for both me and my husband, and we do so much too. We've honestly never had any problem with it at all, and I doubt we'll swap over to any other browser any time soon LOL I have to agree it used to be even better, but the new operating system can be a little slower, but not enough to have me tearing my hair out, luckily :)

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    New operating system? What operating system are you currently using? I am using Windows 7, and that was the operating system that I had the lag and inflated cache files with. It was taking up a ridiculous amount of space on my computer, and in a ridiculously small amount of time. I had to get rid of it. Perhaps it works better with other operating systems.

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    Because we're on Mac's we use

El Capitan. We've both noticed that it's not as sharp as previous ones, and the system can be a bit slower :( We've heard the same feedback from others. Before that, it was

Yosemite
    , which was certainly better. But even still, we're still somewhat happy with Safari. I use PC at work, and I'm taking for granted we're on the latest Windows, even though it's still quite sluggish. But that could be down to shoddy maintenance LOL

17. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our home computer used to be using IE for the only browser. But when the popup ads became annoying, my husband tinkered with the setting of the IE. And when it wouldn't work properly, he installed Firefox and disabled the IE. Now we added Chrome as the secondary browser. Both Firefox and Chrome are good browsers that successfully blocked the popup ads.

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not know whether I've already mentioned it in this thread but I mainly use Mozilla Firefox for browsing. It's faster and doesn't crash as often as Chrome or Explorer. There was a time I used Opera but it started getting heavy and laggy after a few hours. For regular computer browsing, I only trust Mozilla. Chrome's my second choice then Opera. For mobile phone browsing, however, I prefer to use Chrome. It's very compatible with my Android smartphone.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know much about Mac computers, other than the fact that they are alien to use as far as I am concerned. They are impossible. But many people say that they are much better than PC's, for many things. So I am shocked to hear that it did not perform as well on your mac. Also, how are you using Macs and PC's? I tried using a Mac and it would not do a thing I wanted it to.

20. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass ........When I say it's not as good as it usually is, I'm gauging 'Mac against Mac', so to speak. As in the previous and current operating systems. But even though I'm a little disappointed with the current Safari operating system, for me, it still beats PC any time (Chrome, Firefox etc).

I use Mac at home, PC at work i.e my regular offline job.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Mac's are impossible, to be honest. Maybe you just prefer PC IDK? I'm not the most IT savvy person, but the very first Mac laptop we had, I had no problem 'transitioning' from PC to Mac. Once I'd used it and realised how much better it was for me, I never wanted to go back to PC. My husband agrees. Now, sometimes I do find it a little confusing going from using Mac at home and PC at work, but it's nothing so serious as to make me panic. I just work it out.