What kind of deodorant do you use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Jun 13, 2014.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use roll on deodorant either because these don't last long and they also often have only anti perspirant. I have yet to find a good one that can last all day and not stain clothing.

2. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used Secret. The baby powder scented one or the topical ones. I have tried many different ones but because I have sensitive skin they cause me in break out in a rash which is no fun. So I just stick with Secret because I know that one doesn't irrate my skin.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I currently switch between Dove and Speed (whichever is on sale at the time). I have sensitive skin and eczema and neither of these irritate my skin. I try to stay away from heavy fragrance and gel deodorants as they really irritate my skin. I’ve heard that Tom’s is actually one of the best deodorants to use because it doesn’t have any harmful chemicals in it.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's extremely hot where I live and I'm finding that deodorant doesn't really last! I don't know if it's because maybe I sweat it off or whatever. But at this point, I'm at a loss as to what to use because I'm not sure the sprays would work effectively to keep the sweat at bay.

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Some deodorants are just a nice smell but do nothing to help you with perspiration. I was conned into buying an expensive brand once that did nothing for me except leave a huge stain on my dress that did not come off in the wash. Whatever they used in their destroyed my outfit and I paid a damn fortune for it too.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree 100% with you on this. Some deodorants are an absolute waste of time as far as helping with perspiration. And if you are a person who suffers with such a problem, you do have to select which deodorant you go with very carefully. It is more or less trial and error. The power ones are good for stopping sweat, but they just aren't as pleasant to use as the spray ones, in my opinion.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To a degree yes - but generally only after doing a scent test - as fragrance or rather lack of it is way, way more important to me than the ingredients when choosing a deodorant.

Mainly because - as I live in an extremely hot climate where perfume let alone scented deodorant takes on a whole new scent the hotter someone gets - and the end result of which - is usually a powerful chemical concoction capable of having a whole nation gagging for breath and is I have to say - normally quite the opposite of pleasant and more often than not extremely unpleasant - fragrance free will always take priority over ingredients for me.

8. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I like fragrance free deodorants so that my perfume can be the scent on me and this is often very hard to find because those kind of deos are always anti persparent and this can be a problem for me and my clothes