What kind of exotic pet would you get? Why?

Discussion in Pets started by Tapel • Jul 9, 2014.

1. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    If you were to choose, what exotic pet would you get?

If I can, I would like to have a Komodo Dragon as a pet! :)

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is a turtle considered exotic? I would love to get a turtle. I saw a vision of myself feeding a turtle during meditation. Then I saw one of my favorite TV character with a pet turtle. I think a turtle would really suit me. I have read that many turtle outlive his/her parent so I would have to make arrangements.

3. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I'd want to get a fennec fox. It looks badass and kinda cute at the same time and its big ears are also really sensitive, so I'm pretty sure no one would be sneaking in to my house. Plus, they're nocturnal by nature, and I'm quite the night owl (or in this case, night fox) myself, so it would be nice having a companion to relax with until the wee hours of the morning

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Komodo dragon by the way is dangerous even their saliva can melt down flesh.

One pet i'd like is a fish, alligator gar particularly. This is a prehistoric fish with a primitive lung that can gulp air and this is also carnivorous.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd like either a wolf or a tiger, but mostly only because they look very cool to me. I think I'd probably be a bit scared of them once they grow big, though, as their behavior may still be unpredictable even when domesticated, which is probably why they aren't usually allowed to be adopted as pets in the first place. Alternatively, I'd also like my very own panda if only it were more common, as I am guessing they are much safer to keep around and when they get bigger, I could use them as a cushion when I relax.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would totally get an iguana, and to be honest I could get a python if I were really rich and could take care of it! It would be an albino (yellow and white) and it would be called Banana!

7. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    A red panda, no doubt in my mind. They're so stinking cute! My boyfriend and I watch youtube videos of them all the time and giggle ridiculously.

8. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    Hey DrRipley! That's an awesome choice! :) Aside from a Komodo Dragon, I'd also want a wolf! I agree, it looks so cool! I'd love to have one if ever it became legal to own one as a pet.

But, a panda? Yes, they look cute and all but, a panda? haha! I don't know, they're just too 'mainstream' if you may. hehe.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to take care of a rabbit, and even if at 1st glance it doesn't look anything exotic, according to a website, it is actually considered an exotic animal, so a rabbit would be on top of my list. I actually can buy 1 if I wanted to, but I have a pet cat and he might just kill that rabbit if he had the chance to.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to get a tarantula since it both scares and fascinate me at the same time. I know I have been afraid of spiders since I was a kid. But I think there are times that we should face our fears, even in pet form. I like the idea of having a low maintenance pet inside a glassed container and just watch it do its business. They say when these creatures molt, it is a wonderful to watch as it lasts around 10 hours at least. Seen a couple of time lapse videos on youtube and the more I want to have one soon.

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    A ferret. I had one when I lived in Michigan, and he was so cool. Here in California, you can't legally have a ferret. People do, but you have to keep in on the down low. And part of the coolness of being a ferret owner is being able to walk around with it and show it off. So I don't know if I would want to get one unless I moved out of the state. But they are definitely a fun pet to have.