What kind of hair care products should I use when going natural?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by vjykmr89 • Oct 9, 2012.

1. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    I'm making the Big Chop. What kind of hair care products should I use in order to maintain healthy hair? What ingredients do I need to look for? What are some names of some products? I want healthy beautiful natural hair.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    First of all, congratulations!

I'd say go with Carol's Daughter if you can afford it. Her products are all natural and they're excellent but expensive.

3. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Congratulations. I did the big chop two years ago. I think you should check out a few sites before deciding on a product. Most of the time you will try a number of different products until you find the one that works best for your hair. You should check out

, and my favorite

. My hair is currently at BSL. I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner, Organics Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo, and I make a homemade deep conditioner with mayo, avocado, eggs, and honey.

4. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i use the aphogee line they sell it at sallys beauty supply, it works wonders on my hair.

5. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Aloe vera and coconut are both said to encourage hair to stay healthy and shiny. I also use a peppermint conditioner - because I think it makes my hair shiny.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Its also very important to take the right vitamins. Omega 3,6,9 will help your help grow in nice and shiny as well as help you a lot of other things. I also take 5000 MCG of biotin in the a.m. and 5000 mcg of Biotin in the evening. Finally I take prenatal vitamins. I don't know whats in those things but it makes my hair and nails grow like weeds.

7. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I use hair care products by a brand called Organix. I had tried many others and some were very expensive. The results were mixed and I could not justify continuing to purchase products that gave mediocre results to my dry curly hair. After extensive reading reviews at different sites, I decided to try the Organix Macadamia and Awapuhi products and love them both. They make my hair shiny and curly, but also smooth and easy to brush. For coloring, I use a brand called herbatint. It's great because you don't have to use the whole product at once, which can save money, and it's natural!