What kind of movie theatre do you attend to see a picture?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by andrew320 • Jun 4, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    In July, I will be viewing two motion pictures: "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Prometheus." Now, my fiancee and I head to the movie theatres three times per year. Last year, we viewed "Hannah," "J. Edgar" and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy." For these pictures, we went to a cheap theatre or a theatre where we received free tickets or it was Tuesday cheapies.

When we see the two blockbusters next month, we plan to head to Rainbow Cinemas in Toronto's Market Square/St. Lawrence neighbourhood on Front Street. Tickets are $5 on Tuesdays (used to be a toonie) and I think that is a much more reasonable price then paying $15 for the contemporary, high-tech cinematoriums they have nowadays. I still prefer the old-style cinemas.

What type of cinema do you patron to see a movie? How much is too much?

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    You guys only watch movies three times a year? That's kind of little :(.

Anyway, I always go with the ones at the malls - the good ones with reserved seating which gives you food trays for your food. I mean, you're going out on a date (I usually watch with my boyfriend), so we might as well make the most of it. When I'm with my friends we go for the cheap kind, though. Sometimes I opt for 3D as well, but that's for only really good movies I've been looking forward to for a while.

3. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Our town unfortunately only has one theater so we can't be choosey. We originally had three, two were large, the other was cheapie dollar fifty theater. We would go to the cheapie theater on tuesdays when movies were discounted even more. I loved it. But little by little the other two closed down. We have a Tinseltown now. We now go to the movies every couple of months due to the price.

4. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    There's movie theaters that cost $5 for ticket?! I'm pretty sure we have been paying at least $10 for each movie we have seen! Well, that just sucks. If a movie sucks I'd love to just switch and watch something else. Luckily my theater experience wasn't all that bad. I liked most of the movies I watched.

5. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i got to the one near my house that has the cheapest admission rate. $8 is a steal these days.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to the only one in my city. It's quite old, but they at least upgrade their equipment, so the picture is fine. I can ride an hour to neighbouring city for an IMAX, but honestly, it's not worth it.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    There is a place near me that is a movie theater and a bistro. It is really nice because you can have drinks before the movie and then order right at your seats once you get in. They have the normal snacks but then also full meals and a full bar. It can be a little pricey but it is a fun night out...I can stuff my gut, catch a buzz, and watch a movie with my wife so it is a pretty cool setting.