What kind of movies should I get for this Christmas?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Dec 15, 2013.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to get some Blu-ray movies as gifts this year. What movies should I get that match this festive season? I'm thinking of getting Home Alone but I need more choices because I don't want to gift everyone the same movie.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I like happy, funny, inspiring, romantic, family-oriented, and magical Christmas movies. Home Alone is great for kids. I mean what kid wouldn't want to pull those kind of tricks on adults. ;) I also like White Christmas. It's a classic must-have. Four Christmases, The Holiday, This Christmas, and Love Actually are also great Christmas movies.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If any of family member would be into older Christmas movies, I'd recommend National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I think it's a very full movie that's very well made, and it portrays the stressful side of the holidays and family reunions in a positive and comedic manner. I watched it when I was very young and a few more every few years since then, and it's still one of my favorite movie memories until now. I haven't watched it for a few years again, so I'll probably be watching it this year at Christmas too. Also, Trading Places with Eddie Murphy would probably be a good bet.

[video=youtube;decUIVkZ4GI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=decUIVkZ4GI[/video]