What kind of payment processor do you use?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by benn08 • Aug 29, 2012.

1. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    I personally use Paypal, as I am living with my parents and I currently don't have a credit card, possibly will try to apply for one in the future. PayPal to me is quite simple, however I see many others complaining about it for some reason, maybe it's because I don't own a business and just use PayPal for personal reasons, and that is why me and PayPal don't have a complicated relationship yet. The transfer time from my bank account to my PayPal account can be annoying sometimes when I want to purchase something, but don't have the funds for it, as it takes from 5-8 business days to transfer the funds. By then, I've probably made up my mind to whether I actually want to buy the product or not, so it could be a good thing, as I don't buy big ticket items in the heat of the moment.

My question is, what kind of payment processor do you use and how do you like it?

Have a good day!

2. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    True, the transfer time from Paypal to your bank account seems to be quite annoying since it would take a few days but I kinda got used to it so I don't really see it as a bother anymore. I used Paypal, Libert Reserve and Solid Trust Pay as my payment processors for my different online businesses and transactions.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal. I opened a separate bank account and keep about $50 in it as my PayPal account. I also have a debit card on that account that I will use for online purchases. That way I can use this account to buy something online if they don't take PayPal. It is also nice to set it up this way so if that account ever does get hacked into, I don't loose all my money. The most I could loose would be the fifty bucks.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use PayPal, but it's also used for incoming payments for my writing work, so I generally have enough balance in there to take care of online purchases. I also use debit cards for online purchases if there's not enough in PayPal, because it's a quicker way of getting the payment to the merchant.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal, Liberty Reserve, Payza, and Egopay. I know that's quite a lot, but I was also into money cyclers and HYIP sites, that's why Payza and Egopay is included in there. Among all those payment processors that I mentioned, I like Liberty Reserve the most. They don't limit accounts, and they don't require you to verify your account too. The fees that they charge is also the lowest right now at 1 cent per $1, and the maximum would only be $2.99 regardless of the amount of money you receive.

6. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I use PayPal or my debit card directly. All of the websites that I buy things online with only accept PayPal, I have yet to find any site that interests me that will take money from a Payza or Liberty Reserve account, though I do have accounts set up with those processors for other reasons.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I too have been using Paypal for most of my online shopping, and have got a credit card pegged to my paypal account. With this, I can choose where I want to take the funds from to make a purchase - either from my existing paypal balance or from my credit card. For webstores that do not accept paypal, I usually use a credit card to make a purchase.

8. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also using paypal. ITs the most convenient I think since almost all people who do transactions on line have paypal. If you don't have your own credit card, you may try availing a virtual credit card which functions just like a real credit card.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most people that are making transactions online either use credit cards or PayPal. I personally use PayPal for my online transactions. It just seems to be the best and most legitimate online payment processor there is. I have heard of Payza (formerly AlertPay) and VirtaPay but none of these payment processors come close to PayPal.

10. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Like most others, I use PayPal as my online payment processor and it is also how I receive payments for some work that I do online. It has been serving me well so far and I really have no complains about it as yet! Receiving and making payments is actually a breeze but I do agree that this is provided you have sufficient funds in your PayPal account. If I do run short of funds, I usually just pay off with my credit card to save time especially if I need the item fast! Adding funds into PayPal can take quite long at times and for now, this is the only major complaint I have about them.

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I only use Paypal. It's secure and nobody will be able to access my credit card. That's very important. Never use your credit card for online purchases. There are a million and one ways to hack your credit card.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use paypal and i love it! If you get the debit card from paypal it's faster to than transfer to your bank account with the debit card i think it's like 2 to 3 days my mom uses paypal and got the debit card and she said it's a lot faster. I never had a problem with putting my paypal money in my back account i usually get my money in two days unless it's a weekend or something but other than that i get my money pretty fast.

13. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    I use only Paypal. I used to transact all my online purchases with it. It's convenient but sometimes its a hassle when it comes to withdrawing from your Paypal account to your bank.