What Kind Of Pet Toys Have You Bought For Your Dog?

Discussion in Pets started by GavinGimbo • Jun 23, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Hello eveyone!

So, I recently got myself a puppy and was wondering on what kind of inexpensive pet toys have you guys bought for your dog?

I just want them to be small and playful toys. And this will be my first time purchasing pet toys, and so if you know any good sites where I can buy these, I'd really appreciate it.

I await for your comments and suggestions!

:)

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been keen on plastic toys for my dog, so from an early age on I trained him to play with sticks. He is especially fond of "beach sticky", where I throw a wooden stick into the waves and he retrieves it. He never gets tired of this game. He also has a set of tennis balls that he kicks around the house every so often, but "sticky" is far more exciting for him. And the bigger the sticks, the better. :)

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Gavin :) I don't know if this can be considered a toy for dogs but when our dog was just a puppy we bought him a chew bone. Looks something like this:
    dog-chew-bone-250x250.
    Puppies like to chew a lot and a friend suggested this chew bone to keep our puppy busy and not chew on some of our wooden
    furniture. :)

4. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    I will check this out. Thanks for the suggestion!
    I just got this yesterday at a local supermarket. He's been chewing it all day. I'm so glad he likes it. Thank you very much for the suggestion! :)

If anybody else has more suggestions, please do mention!

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to avoid those made of plastics or rubbers. I like the natural approach. Rope toys that haven't been chemically treated & bones of all shapes & sizes seem to be enough for my lady. However, every once & a while, I see the look of envy at the dog park for those squeaky drive-humans-insane toys.

6. elvisish

elvisishNew Member

Threads:
    My dogs have so many toys! :p I sometime get them soft toys from garage sales to play with, I wouldn't recommend it to everyone as my two know not to swallow any of the fluffy stuff (I always take away any little plastic parts if there are any) but they love tearing those apart. They also have lots of little soft plastic squeeky toys, the squeekier the better! And soft squeekys. They also love playing stick in the nearby walking areas.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience, Nylabone seems durable. We have a plastic chewable dog toy bone and it still looks whole and not much damage to it despite being used by our dogs.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought stuffed animals, plastic toys, balls of every kind, rope toys. Pretty much all kinds! The one he likes the most are plastic balls, which are the cheapest ones.

9. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Our dog loves stuffed animals. He will carry them around the house and show them off to people. Sometimes he will playfully attack them. We have found that used kids' stuffed animals from thrift stores and garage sales are the least expensive. We make sure to buy ones without beads or buttons that could be pulled off and choked on. We typically spend .50 cents to $1 on each stuffed animal. When it is too worn or gross to keep around the house, I throw it out, because it cost almost nothing to replace. He has his own toy box full of stuffed animals he will pull out whenever he feels like playing or cuddling with one. He plays with these more often than the expensive chew toys we bought from the pet store!

10. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Bones and stuffed animals are usually good enough, but it depends on the breed. All dogs like to chew, but some will get a bit more... destructive... about it, so depending on the dog you might want to eventually go for more durable ropes and tough rubber toys. Stuffed animals won't last ten minutes with a larger, more rambunctious dog.

I've always found bones to be a solid go-to toy for any breed. But, ah, be prepared to find disgusting bone bits around your house for decades.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    The only kind of toys that we buy for our dogs are chew toys but we just boy different varieties so that he has some options whenever he decides to play with them. They're cheap, easy to find, and they're made of high quality and safe materials that are good for my doggy. I also want to buy a Frisbee so that I can play with him on the park but he's very little and I doubt that he can catch the frisbee when I throw it lol!