What Kind Of Stuff Do You Buy Most Often Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by moondebi • Nov 17, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    For me it’s grocery, for sure.

The kitchen’s inventory is the most exhaustible area in the home front. Given that I find it pretty challenging:mad: to keep the stock available. It needs to be replenished and online stores are the saviors. At least twice or thrice a week I order grocery stuffs online. It not only has helped to keep the stock pile intact, but also has freed me from the hassle of taking care of a bulk volume of food grains from getting rotten. I can order as when required and get the fresh items at the doorstep.:)

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For me it's clothes, shoes and apparels.

I have never purchased grocery online and would like to know your experience please.

How can you be sure that you will get fresh and good items? Do you buy vegetables too which aren't cut and packed like fresh cauliflower?

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I buy stuffs online, I normally order phone accessories or beauty products. Since there are a lot of great deals that I can find in an online store plus they don't have plenty of stocks at the mall of the item I was looking for so I won't have much of a choice but to order it online.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like make payment for services online, not that I don't buy actual goods or other items but I seldomly do that. I buy my phone subscriptions online every month and also pay utilities bill online in some cases. Occasionally, I take distance courses online which I also pay for online. I am comfortable paying for services through online method.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a frequent online shopper. I visit offline shops than online shopping. But when a product is not available offline I go online to get it. Also when there is huge discount online I use this facility. I usually buy electronic gadgets which are not available offline. I bought USB cables, dongles, power-banks and portable HDs through online shopping. I am a satisfied online shopper. Once there was an issue with USB cable and I could return it to them and I got the refund. I also buy a lot of fruits/vegetable seeds through eBay as they got a nice collection.

But still I would like to see the product physically before buying it. Moreover, in case of an issue we can approach the seller directly in offline shopping.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Let me see.. I actually have bought all sorts of items online, from phones and their parts and casings, clothes, memory cards, bags, pouches, earphones, books, even screwdrivers, lol. The most items that I've bought online are earphones, bags, and phones and memory cards. Having bought faulty and fake memory cards online, then that is one item that I won't buy anymore, along with clothes.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also purchase most of the groceries online, it saves much energy and time. I love how all is ready for me when I get to the store all I have to do is show my ID and sign a few papers. I have also purchased a couple of shoes and clothing and as with the groceries I had a great experience with it.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    It will have to be groceries for me as well. Right now, the most important thing in my life is having enough foods to eat.

I actually use my online money for most of my groceries and the money I earn at my job for bills and rent. I do this mostly because the rain prevents me from working sometimes, therefore losing money.

9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I did have the same concern which kept me off from buying groceries online for a long time. After a few orders I understood that in a fiercely competitive market, no vendor wants to lose reputation at any cost. They know it well that for food items, the first thing people will look for is quality. So, they never will compromise on this front. In the stores you can get near to be expired goods but not here.
    Regarding vegetables, I generally avoid buying veggies online except for potato, onion, carrots,or something of these kind.

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the clarification. I can now think of buying groceries online.

11. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought many things online - clothes, toys, jewelery, mobile etc. I have found out that for electronics and clothes, it is better to buy offline than online. You should see before you buy. Other things, like grocery etc. is okay to buy online.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I buy used books and some old music CDs,as well as movie DVDs online a lot,but also I think computers are easier to buy online,along with hard to find electronic gadgets and aux chords. I never buy clothes or food though online,because you always need some kind of food at the store,so you can always grab a cheap T-shirt or pants at Walmart if you need them, when you are grocery shopping.

13. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    The things that I buy mostly in online are books, apparels, fashion accessories and see electronic products. I have never brought grocery online as I enjoy going to the farmer's market to buy myself fresh.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I most often buy incidentals that come up. Like I needed phone JR11 extensions and a landline phone. I'll surf for a while and see if I can get free shipping or it's so way cheaper than in store buying I'll get it. I like getting sugar free candies with free shipping from bayside.com for they have free shipping too. We don't have much sugar free candies on island, so I buy online if it's a good price.

15. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    The main thing I shop for online is gifts. It's so much easier to have the world at your fingertips when looking for gifts than it is to go out shopping at every store until you find something good. It's hard for me to take extended shopping trips these days, so it's physically easier as well as being more convenient.

Plus, when I'm looking around online, I can read reviews too. Sites like Amazon also add recommendations (sometimes they overdo it), which can also give you some more ideas.

With free shipping, I can have packages at my door instead of trudging from store to store. I can get all my holiday and other shopping done more quickly, find great stuff, and get great prices.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Basically books, blu-rays and cd's. I don't feel the need to buy anything online besides that, it's enough. I always try to buy only those items because there are always great deals and discounts.

17. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    The most I buy online is books. I do not buy things online frequently, but there are some books I could not find locally, and that I always search online, mainly from Book Depository. I also buy some ebooks online, which do not require shipping at all. Shipping cost is always a concern for me.

18. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy online too often. However, when I buy online I buy all sorts of things, from electronic items to clothes. I am thinking to start an ecommerce store. The store I have in my mind will sell lingerie.I am thinking to buy products online, mostly from China. If I purchase Chinese products from Chinese store Alibaba or Aliexpress, I can find the items really cheap.

19. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    We also shop for computer equipment online. My husband builds our computers piece by piece, so we shop online for the best deals. There really isn't a good brick and mortar place to get that kind of stuff around here anyway.

We like Newegg a lot. They have a good selection, some good deals, they honor their products, and they have fast shipping (and sometimes deals on shipping). Once, I ordered something one afternoon and they had it here the next morning. That was great.

Amazon is a good resource for computer stuff too. I love the Prime shipping.

Software is another good thing to buy online. Sometimes, you can just buy the digital version and be ready to go in minutes.

20. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    I buy phones, pots, hair products, and
    whatever I feel like buying but I have
    never brought food products online.
    I have been tempted to buy some food
    from qvc.com though like their lobster tail,
    crab, steak bugers and so on. One day
    I will try those items.