What kind of toothpaste do you use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Eagle910 • Apr 15, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    What kind of toothpaste do you recommend?

I had a conversation in another thread bout dental health, and how often i see the dentist. that me thinking that dental health is extremely important. it is imperative that you take care of your teeth at home so you do not have to visit the dentist that much.

That all starts with toothpaste. What brand of toothpaste do you think is the best?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly buy whatever is on sale. I would never buy generic of toothpaste, though I'm not sure if they even make generic. I often buy Crest or Colgate, because one is usually on super sale. I find that they both taste pretty similar to me and they have similar ingredients. I think some people who have sensitive teeth, for example, may need to really think more about the brand they use.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently using the Colgate Luminous White and I like it. I don't feel it makes my teeth whiter per say, but it has a good taste, cleans up well and I find that it does prevent them from getting darker. I'm an avid coffee and Diet Coke drinker, and those tend to make teeth darker. I find my teeth are pretty decent all things considered, and I've been using whitening tooth pastes since they came out and the Colgate Luminous White since last year. I recommend it!

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Dental health is extremely important especially if you don't want to spend your hard earned money at the dentist repair poorly kept teeth.

My favorite toothpaste is Colgate. To me, they offer the most expansive quality line of toothpaste. In order to save on the cost of this brand, I usually try to find it at Dollar Tree. Yes, even Colgate panders to these outlets.

I also do other things like floss regularly and brush with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide during the week. They help my teeth stay white and strong.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I buy the cheapest white toothpaste on sale at the grocery isles. There has been a revelation made by the dental society that the effectiveness of toothpaste does not come with the brand. Expensive toothpastes are often priced as such due to the cost of advertising and celebrity endorsements.
    Colgate is often the brand I use because it has the most neutral taste. I like white toothpastes better than gel types because I just feel that white ones clean better. That's just my preference.

6. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I'm using regular Colgate. I prefer the taste of it, and it isn't overly minty. I also really like the mint Hello toothpaste they have at Walgreens. It's a little bit more pricey, but I like the taste of it.

My dentist told me that "whitening" pastes aren't really effective, no matter what brand you buy. Apparently there's not enough peroxide/whitening ingredients in it to really make a difference.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    We prefer the Colgate in the red tube. I'm not all that picky, though. I will definitely use other brands when I can get coupons for them, but I can generally get coupons for what we use, which is even better.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, we use Colgate most of the time, but sometimes we buy those local and cheaper made ones. I see no difference in quality though. So I guess it would just be better if we just use the cheaper toothpaste.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Colgate. It got the best taste and smell for me. The effect is also long-lasting. My dentist recommended to me that I keep using it as it's really effective for cleaning, but less on polishing the teeth, which some of the brands of toothpastes are really good at. I would rather have my mouth and teeth clean than have them shiny and white.

10. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I use fluoride free toothpaste due to the damage that fluoride can have on your brain. If you are into third eye awakening then you can understand why. My favorite is Natures Gate Herbal Creme de Anise Natural. It has a great licorice flavor!

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I use Colgate Total Protection, it's a bit more expensive but in my view I would pay a lot more for a single trip to the dentist than for a year supply of tooth paste so it's one of those situations where it pays to get the more expensive option.

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I use Colgate but if something else is on offer I will buy that. I don't tend to bother too much with toothpaste as long as it cleans my teeth I am happy. My daughter on the other hand always has to use Colgate, she says the taste of others annoy her. That's why I tend to try to always buy Colgate.

13. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I use Sensodyne because I have very sensitive soft teeth. The toothpaste can be expensive if I don't buy it on sale but I figure it's worth the expense if I save on dental work in the future. I always keep another tube of toothpaste in my apartment for guests but I tend to buy whatever Colgate or Crest is on sale. I really don't notice much of a difference between those two brands.

14. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I use Colgate or Crest, not because I think they are above their competitors, but they are just really so easy to buy. They are basically available everywhere. My dentist is using Crest in her clinic, so I assume it's a good brand for a dentist to use it.

Overall, I don't believe those other brands who claim that they have more components or that their toothpastes are more capable of other things like whitening, curing gingivitis, and the like. For me, toothpaste is mainly for tooth cleaning and that's it. If you need other services on your teeth, you really have to have it done by your dentist as she will know better.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    The last few months,I've actually had some trouble finding a tooth paste that works for me. In the morning, my teeth always feel dirty, no matter how much or how long I brush the night before. My dentist says that some mouths are a little different and you just need the right toothpaste to make sure your mouth is clean. I'll be sure to try some of the suggestions posted in the thread though!

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was having some tooth problems, and when I went to the dentist to get the problem fixed, they prescribed me some heavily based fluoride tooth protection toothpaste, which has a much higher concentration of fluoride in it than normal toothpastes. I refused to cash in on the prescription. I don't want to be a zombie, and I don't want my third eye calcifying.

17. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Whatever is on sale!
    As long as it's a trusted brand name.

18. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    My favorite toothpaste is Crest Extreme Herbal Mint. It tastes like fresh mint leaves instead of the usual candy-like mint flavor of toothpaste. They also make that flavor "plus scope" which is supposed to take the place of mouthwash!

If I want a quick brightening boost I'll add a little baking soda to my brush and paste for a few days in a row. I use generic, knock-off listerine after I brush. Green is my favorite kind! :)