What kind of video converters do you recommend?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by daimashin • Dec 31, 2013.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not looking for anything complicated or complex for Windows. Just some lightweight easy to use converters where I don't have to tinker with the options too much. Preferably cheap or free.:D

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    If I recall correctly the YouTubeDownloader has a conversion function built in which works quite well, I used it in the past and didn't have any troubles with it, I'd recommend giving that a go.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend Total Videoconverter. The software converts most video formats to numerous other video formats.

I don't know if there's a free version as yet since the last time I looked I was expected to pay full price for it. But you can check it out anyway and find out for yourself.

p.s Speedbit also has a free video converter you can try out but it come bundled with a video downloader.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Format Factory always tops my list. Not only is it free but has the ability to convert any video, image and audio format. If that doesn't qualify to be the best then I don't know the meaning of the word anymore.

You can download it free here:

5. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    There are numerous free and paid converters out there, a good one is Total Video Converter. I believe they have a free trial. I use Adobe Creative Cloud so I have access to Adobe Media Encoder which acts a video converter which is fantastic for compression with no quality loss.