What luxury items/services are you willing to pay for?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by missbee23 • Nov 15, 2014.

1. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    The economy has been in a slump for a while, but there are still things we are willing to spend money for, and even make sacrifices in our budget to be able to afford them. By this, I mean that if times are tough, and people are making budget cuts, then luxury and novelty items will be the first to go. So I would like to know what products and services you still might use, even when times are a little tough.

I will give you an example: I will not spend money on designer/brand name purse, but I will spend money on a custom made costume for the Renaissance Festival I plan on going to. We will not go out to eat at a fancy restaurant for a date night, but we will check in at a relaxing bed and breakfast for a quiet weekend getaway. I would like to know what kinds of things you are willing to spend money for, even when you have a tight budget?

2. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Day spa or Pedicure. I'm diabetic and hypertensive so it is important for me to watch my health. Day Spa's and Pedicures help me to do that. They help bring my stress levels down to keep my hypertension in check which in turn helps keep my sugar levels in check. Pedicures help to keep the blood flowing normal in my feet and legs which help me to keep from possibly losing my feet or legs in the future from poor circulation in the lower extremities. It also helps lower edema (swelling, water retention) in the legs. So I don't mind paying for being pampered.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try as much as possible not to skimp on items I'll be using for a long time like laptops and gadgets because when it comes to these items you usually do get what you pay for. Sometimes I'd still buy the cheapest ones but I'd only do so with the expectation that I'll only be using them for a while but most of the time I prefer to just get something more trusted and sturdy so I could get much more use out of them even if they do turn out to be more expensive than average.