What Makes Clothing Good Value?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Jun 29, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What makes clothing good value from my point of view is when the clothing in question is made well, and is made with common sense and good material. On top of this the clothing has to be good value for money. So the two, for me, come together where clothing is concerned, to create clothes that are value for money.

2. JoyF

JoyFNew Member

Threads:
    Quality is the most important thing so that it may not look old after some washes. But one has to be agreed that quality has no defined limit. Being a working lady I can't afford to go in cheap clothes but yes I can afford not being a brand conscious person. It helps me to have good quality clothes in lesser price. I keep switching my pants, shirts, and scarves by matching them with my shoes, purse, and nail color. I've found it really a trick, sometimes just a new accessory, unique nail color, or different shoes make your old clothes look new one.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think good strong material. Stitching that stays in place, and seams that are where they are supposed to be. Clothes that are fade resistant, or specially coated are good. Obviously, clothes that are not going to shrink to nothing the first time they are washed and are wrinkle resistant. Buttons should be sewn on tightly, and not subject to coming loose. These are all some of the things that make clothes worthy of purchase.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Comfort and durability are the two things that determine good value in clothes for me. I've spent a long time trying to find the perfect material and brand that makes clothes that are comfortable and durable enough for my taste.
    So far I haven't found the perfect ones, but I've gotten really close with a few brands.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Classic is always worth a bit more, since you'll be wearing it forever, hopefully. Most important to me though, since you can get classic in all price points, is unique. I hate wearing what everyone else is wearing, so if I catch something that isn't being sold in absolutely every store, I'll pay more for it if need be.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I'm sure I've said before, I buy the majority of my clothes at the charity shops so generally get great value.When I'm buying new though, I don't mind paying a little extra for better quality.Not too much though and I like to try and get the best balance possible between price and quality.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clothing that's able to stand the wear and tear of time. I've had some good finds before that have lasted for a decade. Although I sometimes stop wearing certain clothes for a while, when I do wear them again, they look as if they've never aged. I also prefer clothes that are style-neutral. You can basically wear them in any generation.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I agree with you Cocolgoo, but I'll add comfortable clothing is necessary too. I like durable and comfortable clothes. We know our lifestyle and agenda so I buy accordingly. I'l buy a long dress or what we call muu muu to wear to a fancy get together like a wedding or other festive occasion just to have fancy party wear too. I love comfortable clothes like jeans and stretchy short pants too.:)

9. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I think what makes clothes of good value is if you can get lots of wear out of it. Meaning you can wear it with many different outfits, be able to dress it up or down. Also if the clothes are made well and they can stand the test of time. I find classic pieces that don't date a piece of clothes are good value as they can last a long time. I have some black dress pants that are in great condition that are over 15 years old.