What Makes You Become A Repeat Customer?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Diane Lane • Sep 3, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like places conveniently located since I ride the bus not every place is near. The friendliness is another reason I return to little shops. I'm on a very tight budget, so prices are important as well as location & friendliness.

2. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    As long as the item I bought arrives in time and without any damage I will very likely buy from that site again. If I have any kind of problem and they resolve it without too much hassle I would very likely become a loyal customer if the product is to my liking.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a few factors that would make me become a repeat customer. One thing though is when I have found a reasonably priced product that I either couldn't find anywhere else for the same price, or cannot find anywhere else period. I usually shop online, so price plays a huge factor usually. Where the retailer is located is another factor too.

4. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    What makes me become a repeat customer is good customer service. I don't like having to hunt for the prices on a website. I like being able to email the business and get a response. I like getting what I ordered in a reasonable time frame. Those types of things make me come back and order from the same person.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Some places that I have experienced do not have the best customer service or experience, but if the price is right, as well as the product quality, for what I am looking for at the time, then I am usually likely to repeat my subscription with the company. Timing is a good point though. I don't like to be kept waiting for what I have ordered, so it also must arrive within a reasonable time frame.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

What would make me a repeat customer would be how long the items take to get to me in what condition also how their return policy works as well as their customer service. If i go to a site with little or no help from the site if i have a problem i def won't go back.,

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Just as what @Denis Hard@Denis Hard stated above, a great customer service is what will make me a repeat customer, and I believe that it's what will make everyone here a repeat customer as well. The prices remain the same for every shop/online shop, and discrepancies in prices are minimal so I don't think that it will be that huge of a factor when compared to the delivery time, smooth transaction, and quality satisfaction of the customer.

8. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    Once I find a good company to order from, I tend to stick to it. Consistency is the number one factor that determines whether or not I will keep buying. Their products need to have consistently good quality. Shipping costs and speed are also important factors.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently ordered a product on eBay that I need fairly quickly. I did all of my homework, checking and comparing prices, quality, feedback, shipping costs, etc., then placed my order. I woke up today to a very apologetic message (English isn't the writer's first language, so it's a bit confusing) stating that the item may or may not be on its way, that they have issues since apparently they must be drop shippers or something like that, and that she would refund my money. I asked them to just cancel the transaction, but I haven't heard back, so I'm hesitant to order from another seller, then end up with the first seller not canceling as promised. I like for terms to be very black and while, I don't like being left hanging. I do appreciate that she tried to be up front with this, but honestly, if this is an ongoing issue for them, which is what it sounds like, they shouldn't be listing products they may not have in stock. Although she promised 10% off my next purchase, I really don't have the patience for this type of issue, especially since I need that product in a hurry.

10. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I return to online shops that have a great combination of quality merchandise and customer service. One without the other equals a bad experience for me. I haven't been doing a lot of pleasure shopping lately but when I do I will visit Esty and other home crafted sites each day until I see the "something" I just can't do without. I also avoid sites that start to be spammy in their contact with me. I don't want to hear from a merchant everyday, I don't think anyone does.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I'll shop at store or online stores with good customer service and good prices. I have had bad experiences with customer services and refuse to shop at those stores. Rude sales people are the worst or incompetent sales people who can't answer questions. I will shop at stores that stand behind their products. If I need to return an item I would like it to be hassle free. I also like stores that price match or will give you the sale price if the product goes on sale within a week of buying it.

12. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Fast and friendly customer service is a big one for me. It means they care about you as a customer, or at least your money, when you get quick responses and solutions to problems. I like sites that restock frequently. I hate it when you find a product you absolutely loved only to find out there aren't anymore available. And of course good deals like free shipping, discount codes or special offers for being subscribed to their mailing list.

13. janearnold

janearnoldNew Member

Threads:
    Many things Makes us Become A Repeat Customer. The first thing is the quality of the product. Moreover there should not be any delivery charges and the product must be delivered with in range if two or three days. All these factors makes us Become A Repeat Customer.

#33Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  14. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    If a company ships within a day, they have my attention. If I get the item on time and there was a little freebie added in the package, I'll more than likely be a repeat customer. Getting freebies, to me, is kind of like the seller saying "Hey, I care about you. Here's a little something to show my gratitude."

Another thing that keeps me coming back is amazing customer service. There's an Etsy seller who will respond to any inquiry within about 20 minutes and she is so patient, gracious and understanding that I love shopping with her. Customer relations is very important to me.

15. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I still haven't received the item I had ordered. I think the seller must be a drop shipper who wasn't paying attention to the number of items the manufacturer had on hand. I still haven't re-ordered from another company because she seller didn't cancel the transaction, she just reversed the payment, which makes it look as if I purchased the item, but didn't pay for it. That doesn't make me happy. I assume if I don't receive it soon, she will cancel the transaction, or at least that's what I'll insist on. If she doesn't comply, then I'll have to move up the chain and talk to eBay about it, because I don't want my account sullied by the way she's handling this transaction. I certainly won't be using the 10% coupon she claims she'll be sending me, as I have no intention of going through this again. It might be worth it for 50% off or more, but certainly not for a measly 10% off. When I have any type of sale, the discount is at least 20%, and if I had that type of issue, I'd have returned the buyer's money and sent them the product, also.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't really enjoy any type of shopping because that means that I am spending money lol. But I am definitely grateful for the convenience that is online shopping. As for what makes me a repeat customer. Well, great service will make be a repeat customer, as well as not being able to get as good value anywhere else.

17. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    The quality and price of the items are a big factor for me. I want a good quality product but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. This means I have to balance these two things to come to a comfortable place. Once I'm satisfied with these things then I am likely to be a repeat customer. However if the customer service is not good then this is likely to turn me off. So far I have had good experiences in all these areas on my two favorite online stores. That's Walmart and Amazon.

18. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    For online stores, I avail of their services and products again if they can easily be communicated with, fast in delivery and have low shipping charges. Most importantly, if they are legitimate and has no history of being a scammer and seller of fake items. For physical stores, I become a loyal patron if they have excellent customer service, have employees that know their products very well, a long warranty, and have reasonable and competitive prices.

19. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, these are all great points. I also like Best Buy, because I've never gotten a bad product from them. I actually ordered something from them online and it was fulfilled by a third party. I think they have some sort of agreement wherein they farm some orders out to small businesses for some reason, and the product was defective. It took me a few weeks, and I finally got a replacement, after two phone calls, but that was from the third party, not from Best Buy.

Knowing their stock is a big plus to me, especially if it's an area I'm not fully proficient in, such as electronics. I do know some about them, but don't keep up with all the new products, and appreciate being able to ask a salesperson to explain the differences between different products. I also love having the ability to compare products online side by side, so I can see how they differ, and it's a plus for me if a site has that.