What makes you return to a store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by sarz • Mar 25, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I return to stores if I received good customer service, value for money, efficiency and quality products. A store that's Neat and tidy and not overly crowded. What factors make you keep coming back to a store?
    Would you ever return to a store where you had had a bad experience. I would if they had endeavoured to put it right.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I return to a store if I am happy with the products, if it's close to me, if it's convenient. I know many people that do not return to the store if the employees were not nice or particularly effective and of course that bothers me a little too, but I have no problems in returning if it's more convenient to me.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I return to a certain store if they have good prices, good products and excellent customer service. If they consistently have those things then I will keep going back to that store. So many employees anymore think they are entitled to there jobs, what they fail to realize is ultimately the customers are paying there salaries and if they don't provide good customer service and a clean store then people will stop coming.

4. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    My three top reasons why I return to a store is:

1) If I like what they offer (whether service or product)
    2) If the employees and owners are really nice and welcoming
    2) If I return the second time and they remember who I am

I really mean the third reason. Remember customers could be quite hard, especially if the store has a lot of foot traffic. If they remember who I am, I feel flattered and very comfortable in a welcoming atmosphere.

5. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    The customer service, orderliness, and pricing in the store draws my attention. If a store is darkly lit and cluttered, it had better be either an dumping ground for stuff like those old magic shops in 1980s movies... you know the ones where you buy Mogwai! If I can see everything clearly, the prices are reasonable, and I don't feel like I am fighting to swim through a sea of humanity, I will like the place.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What makes me return to a store is when I got a good service from them and if I got a good bargain from them. Or if I'm a fan of their products. I haven't had any bad experience from any store yet, but I guess I will come back again too if ever the issue that I'm having with them is resolved.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good question! For me it's a combination of items. It has to sell products I'm interested in, have a welcoming environment, have good customer service but not somewhere the salesperson is always around and doesn't let me take my time looking around. I like assistance from the sales people, but I like to be able to take my time and look around without feeling like someone is watching me or trying to make conversation.
    I guess the location is also important since I wouldn't return several times if a store is too far from where I live.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    For me, convenience and price. I live within walking distance of a Big-Lots and they have great prices on some of their non-perishable goods. So there's no real reason for me to drive somewhere else when I can get most of the stuff I need from that store.

Other than that I'll go back to a store if they run a lot of sales and deals on some of their items.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I return to a store if I had a good experience there. Some have a nicer atmosphere than others. I wouldn't ever return to a store if I had a bad enough experience. I can always find what I need somewhere else. Crowded stores are my biggest issue, especially in big markets where people are pushing around carts. That really makes me stressed out.

10. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    It's mostly strictly about money for me. If a cashier or employee was rude to me, yeah that might be a bother, but does not affect me in the long-run. I'm not going to inconvenience myself just because I had one bad experience. As long as the products were affordable and I liked them, I will almost always return to a store.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would return to any store if:

1) The staff is friendly.
    2) Their prices aren't too high.
    3) They always have what I need to buy.
    4) They reward me in some way for being a loyal customer.

That should do it, I suppose.

12. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    I return to a store if they have good prices and nice things that I like to buy. Of course it is also nice to have courteous, polite, and fast service. But I think the prices and products win over everything.

13. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is all about the quality of the products and the customer service. I need to be sure that I will feel the value of my money.

14. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I tend to return to stores that have good products, friendly people, and price for products is reasonable. I also like if the store is clean because it really is bad when you see people leave trash on products and or when you see the aisles in the store messy. I think I would go back to a store despite it having all this only if it was improved. Especially if that store is the only one that carries certain items that no one else has then I would go back in hopes that they do improve the mistakes.

15. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Not having a car (in a sprawled-out city like OKC), location is a big factor. That's why I don't shop at WalMart or Target or ... lotsa other places---coz there's not one I can conveniently walk to!

That's mostly-true for restaurants as well, but (adjusting my redneck-badge with pride ;) ) I do loves my coupons! I'll walk as far as (about) 2 miles to use a coupon for a meal.

And coupons might even outweigh customer-service in my book! Take the CVS-vs.-Walgreen's competition: they both (nearby, anyway) have EXCELLENT customer-service, but CVS is across-the-street while Walgreen's is on-my-side-of-the-street. From a recent 'good customer-service'-experience, I MIGHT consider 'crossing the street' more-often; but I just clipped a mess of coupons (only good this week) from the Walgreen's ad in the paper!

(reminds me: since I'm not getting the paper anymore past April, I need to start going to Walgreen's & CVS each week to get their in-store coupons :cool: )

16. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    For a restaurant, I will always give it two tries. I realize that even the best restaurants in the world can have better days than others so I'll never judge a restaurant my first time going there unless it was just horrendous. But for a regular store, one visit is all I really need to see whether it's a worthy store. I have a knack for knowing when something is a bargain and I usually try to learn which items this particular store is good for buying cheap. For example, OJ and cheese is cheap and high quality at Trader Joes but meat is super expensive there.

17. ttchoubs

ttchoubsNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends. First and foremost, If the prices are great, I will most always return so long as the service is decent. If the prices aren't low compared to others, or even high, I will only return if the service was fantastic and the selection is great. Overall it really depends on what the product I'm shopping for is.

18. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I usually return to the store if they have good customer service. I would also go back if they are very tidy but I would mostly go for the price. If they have low prices, it wouldn't really matter too much how bad everything else is. They just have to have nice quality stuff and cheaper prices. The customer service and how tidy the store is just icing on the cake. It would appeal to me more to go in the first place.

19. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    If I have a bad experience with a store, I never go back. As a matter of fact, this topic has only stirred me up about this convenient store I was a frequent customer of. One day when I visited that convenient store and took what was only a straw so that I could use for my drink, the Chinese guys at the cashier actually decided to give me hell over something so petty. You can bet I blew up right back. This was about 2-3 summers ago and until now I've never went back.

So yes, a store has to provide a good experience for me. Everything from the products, the price, the atmosphere and the customer service have to be appealing to me and if they are not, you won't see me in that store.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Factors aiding me to return to a store are most of what you said, things like customer service, quality products, neatly packed and an overall great vibe. But even if I've had poor experience in a store before, I would most likely still end up going if I like their products. The grocery store down the street from my house has very rude workers, but I don't care as long as I get my goods, I would weigh the gas money and distance to determine if I'd shop there or not.