What Makes You Want To Travel?

Discussion in Travel started by 003 • Jan 27, 2015.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't find myself a travel savvy. In fact, I don't see myself spending extravagantly and saving pedantically to just travel. As for me, I don't see that my life will not be complete without me having to reach the famous places in and annals of the world. But if I'd be given a chance to travel and that I can't decline, I'd probably go to Germany, France and Russia because of their rich and significant contribution to classical music.

2. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I want to see new place. I want to experiece new culture and new people. It my way of helping my self to get rid of stress, try new adventures and eat a lot of new foods. LOL. If given the chance I would like to go to New Caledonia. I heard the beaches there are wonderful and the food of course.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like exploring the world and to see different cultures and different cities and landscapes. It's not for everyone and I don't have a desire to go for the sake of it. There are places that I want to visit for historical reasons and others to see the beauty of nature. The freedom to travel is great and as I am single I am able to without having to consider others. You get to see how other communities live and it can make you think about your own life in many ways and enrich your knowledge about humanity and the world.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I love just getting outside of my own little part of the world, even just for a day or two. I have learned so much just by visiting other places instead of reading about them in books or listening to lectures at school. And, I have read about places and then gone to visit them to see them in real life. My parents took us on road trips all the time and my dad, a huge history buff, would stop at all the historical markers. I want to give my kids the same experience. I find that it is still possible to go on little trips without breaking the bank. It just takes a little planning and determination.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me, what makes me want to travel is the need to know other places and other cultures! I crave going out there and seeing the world, seeing what else it has to offer.

6. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I am still young and to see many places, experience new cultures and make friends all over the world is a once and a lifetime experience that you don't want to miss. Along with it, are the opportunities to connect people and open new doors for you, career wise.

7. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    I like to travel for the feeling of newness I get whenever I'm in a different place. I don't like to just go and see the popular attractions, I like to sit amongst locals and watch them go about their day to day business. I l like the feeling that everything I do when I'm somewhere new is something new that I am doing, even mundane things such as eating or walking around....they're all done in a new place with new views and therefore they feel new.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I honestly don't like traveling that much but there are some places I'm curious to see. For the most part I'm more interested in the food rather than the scenery but of course being immersed in a different culture is still very refreshing regardless. I just think that getting to eat the local food is more interesting since I can't taste them through pictures alone.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love travelling mainly because it's nice to get out of my own country and see other countries. I suppose you could say curiosity is part of it. I want to go out there and see how other people live, learn about their culture and traditions that are different to mine. If I had money, I'd do most of Europe, for the sheer level of culture and history, the shopping and food :)

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The only thing that make me travel is the fact that there a lot of things that can be quite helpful and learnt in that manner. There are quite a lot of things that I enjoy exploring and understanding which makes me feel quite good.

11. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Everything! A new food, a commercial, a picture dreams of foreign places and long plane rides. Unfortunately other than the United States, Mexico and Japan I haven't seen much of the world, but I'm super excited about taking a five day vacation to a five diamond all inclusive resort in Cancun in April. I love getting on an airplane and just getting away.

12. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I want to travel the whole world to be able to see and feel what it’s like to be in a country or place that is new and unfamiliar than what I am used. I have never been out of my home country before but I am planning to travel this year, so I am very excited. Aside from being in a new place, I also would love to experience first-hand the culture of certain country that I will travel to. I always see on travel shows of how they feature a particular place; its culture, food, tourist destinations, etc. I think it would be a great experience to have the opportunity to visit every country in the world, and this is why I want to travel.

13. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I want to see the world, have new experiences, meet new people from different cultures, put my language skills to use, try foreign dishes, and so much more!

Mostly I want to go on adventures. I LOVE nature, animals, exploring and fun, active things so when I think of traveling I picture scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, hiking through the Madagascar jungles, surfing and rock climbing in Hawaii, skiing in Chamonix, caving and glacier hikes in Iceland (and obviously seeing the aurora and visiting hot springs)...I could go on and on. There's just so many things out there that I want to do and see!

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am a wanderlust. I want to travel around the world and explore different places, meet new people, experience various cultures and traditions. I think it's the adventurous inside of me that wants me to go traveling. You only have one life to live, you've got to make it worthwhile, right?

15. Florene

FloreneNew Member

Threads:
    003! I think that this is exactly what I feel about travelling. I think that I cannot live without travelling. It's natural to me that I have a passion to explore the world. to see the amazing and popular places of this beautiful world.

16. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    The reasons I would travel are to see the many wonders of nature and to learn about enlightened lifestyles. I am just at my best in nature, and so moved by its beauty and like sensations from the mist of the sea or the tropical breeze. I also think there are a lot of life lessons out there, in cultures that are living good lifestyles.

17. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly it's because I want to experience cultures other than my own. I think traveling opens up your mind, dispelling all your previously narrow-minded perspectives in life. A lot of philosophers encouraged traveling, like Michel de Montaigne. He said pretty much the same thing: looking at other people's lives gives you a new point of view.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What makes one person like one thing and hate something else? I think for some people and I am one of them, they just like traveling. They don't need any other reason other than "because I like it." Maybe it's because they get to meet new people, taste "ethnic" food or they just love a life of adventure. For me maybe I travel because I'm in love with adventure travel.