What messaging app do you use?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by tzbt827 • Aug 26, 2014.

1. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I personally use WhatsApp, it is a free messenger which allows you to communicate through all mobile operating systems (BlackberryOS, iOS and Android) and comes with many different features which makes it an overall great messaging client. All messages are sent for free too so it can be a great alternative to text messaging, and all it requires is an internet connection.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I have a service plan with unlimited texts, I just use the stock text message feature. It'll send to all operating systems, too, and I have service everywhere I need it. WhatsApp is pretty popular, and it has some great features. There are tons of similar apps, although they're not all top of the line by any means. I have no use for all those extra features, though.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the reminder! My friend has told me to get WhatsApp and I forgot to download it. I will do that today. I have just been using the text messaging service that came with our new iphone but we are currently out of country and several family members have told us they have not been receiving our text messages. Before we left this wasn't a problem, so I am thinking maybe it is the new phone. This WhatsApp sounds like it might be just the thing to enable us to text our family and friends on any product we are using. Our phone is an iphone, the tablet is an android, and the pc...well, do people even worry about pc's anymore?

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently use three messenger apps. I use the Cubie messenger app with my girl. We love the animated smileys. We enjoy using it. The only downside of the app is that it doesn't have a video chat.

I also use Yahoo Messenger when I chat with some of my colleagues. It's very handy to use. What I love about the app is that it allows for easy file sharing.

Lastly, I also use the Facebook messenger. I use it when I just want to chat with some of my friends and relatives.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Whatsapp 99% of the time. That is the easiest one to use, it's convenient and also the one 99% of my friends use. I will only use things like Skype to talk to my mother or someone from my family and see them through the video, or I'll use the Facebook messenger with whoever does not have Whatsapp, or whoever I don't personally have on my Whatsapp.

6. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite phone app is the Facebook messenger. It makes Facebook messaging somewhat like text messaging due to the message coming through instantly. However, I heard that these newer messaging apps can access all of your information and use your camera and speaker with your discretion. I also love glyde video messaging this is done in real time and it's very fun as well.

7. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    I use Whatsapp all the time now. I used to go with Viber but there's something I don't like with the newer versions. I also use FB messenger from time to time, but mainly I'll just stick to whatsapp and iMessages.

8. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to use Facebook Messenger more now since Facebook made it mandatory to use their app for messages. As much as I hated the app it's still pretty good if you tweak some of it's settings that's really annoying to say the least.

9. Trevorwilson131

Trevorwilson131New Member

Threads:
    Facebook messenger is definitely my messaging app of choice. I use it the most, probably because all my friends are on fb and it is just easier to keep all my conversations stored there.

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm afraid I'm not different to the others who are posting here, I use WhatsApp, traditional text messaging and Facebook Messenger. Although I'm not sure why I need to download and install the Facebook app and a Facebook Messenger app to access my messages. :confused:

11. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have unlimited text but I also use WhatsApp as a backup. Some android phones cannot send long videos to iPhones so I use WhatsApp to receive videos from some of my friends that have android phones.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use Whatsapp to text with people that don't have imessage, and generally use imessage with anyone who has it. I've found that imessage is somewhat hit-or-miss when it comes to sending videos and images, so I also use Whatsapp for that since it's more reliable. So, to answer your question, I use either Whatsapp or imessage depending on who I am talking to and what I want to send. It has worked very well so far.

13. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes instant messaging apps, I use Facebook Messenger and Viber. I use FB messenger because my boyfriend and I find it easier to chat there. He is not really into apps, so FB chat is more convenient for him. For my friends and other business contacts, I use Viber. It's free and very easy to use.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using Whatsapp for a couple of years now, finding it very convenient. I also have the gmail messenger, but the drawback there is that I can't send any photos with it. Or, perhaps by now they have updated the application and it is possible. I don't know.
    Sometimes I also use Skype, put lately I have had some problems with bad connections. So, Whatsapp is the one that I mostly use.

15. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I have a ton of friends from east Asian countries, so I use WeChat (a popular phone messenger there), QQ (another one), LINE (more popular with Koreans) and Kakaotalk (really popular with Koreans). It's a lot of work keeping track of all those different apps along with Skype and what not to be honest, but those are the ones I like to use the most without a doubt.

16. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I use Viber and Skype. I like their simple interface and most of my friends use them. I have heard lots of great things about WhatsApp but haven't tried it yet. I have installed KakaoTalk just to check it out but the user interface seems clunky.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the Imessage since I too have unlimited text. It serves the purpose. The only problem with it is it's hard to text if you don't have Wifi. Sometimes it will even try to send an Imessage when I don't have wifi so as a result it takes forever to send one message.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use WhatsApp and Skype because it's what my friends use. I just wish they offered WA on tablets as well because I like using it a bit more than a phone or laptop, especially for chatting. I know there are som messaging app alternatives for tablets but unfortunately none of my friends use those so I'm pretty much stuck using either a small screen or in front of my laptop while talking to my friends who are overseas.

19. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    For SMS messaging I use GoSMS Pro. This is perfect for dual sim phones like the one I'm using now. Most SMS apps only support 1 sim. GoSMS helps the user by providing a choice on which sim to send the message from.

For internet messaging, I use Viber and Facebook messenger a lot. It is very convenient because most of my contacts have viber and FB messenger. I also like to send messages free of cost. Who wouldn't want that anyway?

So far, those are my top 3 phone messenger apps.

20. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I personally use whatsapp. And I see that many people over here prefer to use whatsapp for themselves and also recommend it to others. After the whatsapp was taken over by Facebook, the entire interface of whatsapp has changed which makes the app much better. I also like the fact that the app is free for everyone and still provides such great services. Most of the time, the only thing I do with my phone is used whatsapp.