What messaging app do you use?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by tzbt827 • Aug 26, 2014.

1. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    How come no one here ever mentioned KIK? I personally use it and the app is totally okay. I also have Facebook messenger. It's a bummer that it's now a separate app from facebook but if you don't download it you can't view you're private messages and you can't send pm's too. But oh well, it's a great app and most of my friends use it as well. -.-

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I use whatsApp on my phone and Skype on my computer. I don't have a smartphone so WhatsApp is a very good alternative. It runs very smoothly on the s40. On the computer I used to use MSN until they switched everyone over to Skype, which I was using occasionally anyway.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I am using WhatsApp at the moment, but I am not sure if I still want to keep using it once WhatsApp starts to charge after one year, since there are other free alternatives available, but most of my friends and family all use WhatsApp currently, so it all depends once my free trial has ran out.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone online persuaded me to get one. I don't really use it that much. I guess I just don't have a need for it. I don't really send messages to people much so I guess that helps.
    I've been getting spam lately on my Kik. I'm not sure why.

5. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    Since meeting my husband, I have been using Google Hangouts for the past five years. I find a lot of the updates to be annoying. I can't appreciate the intrusiveness of the application either. It is the most convenient option as we both work from a computer and the app. syncs with your phone (in our case Androids). I haven't had many experiences with Hangouts crashing. The updates just changed the ounce of privacy options we had left. The video chat is awesome and it is easy to use. You can also sync your SMS messages to be able to use more character and one app. for all of your messaging/video chatting needs.