What Might be the Problem?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jatelo2 • Sep 20, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I've been using ESET Smart Security on my Computer for a long time. However of late, the Antivirus stated to block even normal sites such as Google mail and Paypal. So I uninstalled it and completely removed it from the computer registry. Since then my Browsers have acted very strangely restarting at will?

2. FortisLupus

FortisLupusNew Member

Threads:
    It sounds to me like ESET was compromised, leading to your system getting infected.
    Start by downloading SpyBoy S&D or MalwareBytes to scan for and remove any malicious software (if you have trouble getting these on your PC, you should be able to download them onto your smart phone (iPhone/Android) if you have one, and then transfer to the PC.

Once the spyware scan is complete, get a recommended antivirus package - Avast Antivirus is free, and HIGHLY recommended.

Install and run a FULL SCAN. This could take several hours, but it's less painful than FDISK'ing your PC and losing everything.

If you still have problems after that, it could be a more serious problem. Possibly a Windows infection. Get an technician to look at your system if you have files you don't want to lose. A reformat WILL remove everything!

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with FortisLupus, it sounds like you got infected with a virus. If you have any problems running any of the processes that Fortis mentions, try to run them in Safe Mode. Best of luck and I hope you can get the virus removed without having to take it to a tech.

4. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Hmm, I would suggest either a clean re-installation or a known system restore. I have always wondered if anti-virus programs themselves are created by the same people who cause the virus's.

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I've been wondering about that too. To add to my miseries with ESET, It has refuse to update yet the license expires in December, approximately 3 months from now! I'm being told that the User Name and Password are invalid. Therefore I have decided to remove it altogether.