What motivates you to save?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by True2marie • Aug 23, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Saving money only for a rainy day is boring. I have found my best saving moments were for a trip or electronic good. At least, these times motivated me to spend a lot less and be as frugal as possible. I think it's because I knew something really good was coming my way in the near future.

What motivates you to save? Thoughts about catastrophes or things?

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I have kids so saving for them is my main motivation. I'm saving up for their college education and I also have a life insurance so I can leave them with something - should I not live long enough to take care of them. But for short-term savings to buy something? It will be for a family trip and for personal stuff, it will be books. :)

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Usually the thought of spending for something better in the future. Like for example this time I'm saving up for a tablet that I can use for my job which is really what motivates me to save now. Another thing that motivates me is the thought that it's great to have money in your expense once a situation arises, for example emergency situations where you'll need it or maybe you find a great deal or maybe you need to be out of town stuff like that.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I am always saving money for something in the future. I make plans for different parts of the year and I like saving money so I can add to that fund. Right now it is currently my wedding. It is going to be fairly large, so saving everywhere I can will make a huge difference. Plus I was raised to be a penny-pincher. I grew up poor and my mom taught me how to save money.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kid is also my motivation for saving whatever I can. If something happens to me, I don't want her to be left with nothing. And even though she just wants to go to community college, that still costs money and I'm also saving up for that.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just want to have as much money in my wallet as possible, so that's what motivates me to save. Next, I really make it a point to save when I want to buy something, so that's also 1 of the reasons why I save, the anticipation of acquiring new things inspires me.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really thought about why I'm saving. I guess it's because it makes me feel more secure knowing I have more money in the bank. Perhaps, I'm also saving up in case something new that comes out that I need to buy. In the end, it's how I was raised, not saving as much as possible doesn't feel right to me.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I save a little so that I can invest in something like real estate when I have enough and never have to work again. Nothing beats waking up in the morning and you have the whole day to do whatever you want without having ever to worry about where you'll get money to buy food, pay for your utilities and so on. That's what motivates me to save.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I save it all for a rainy day fund. I really hate my job now and it's starting to take a toll on my health. I am going to hang in as long as I have but watching the balance of my rainy day fund go up is somewhat comforting to me. I also like to save because I really value financial security and I would rather do without a little than over extend myself and worry. I guess in this economy I just feel like we don't know what's going to happen so that is also a big factor for me when it comes to saving.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like saving money for investment and hobbies. I have a lot of hobbies that require a good sum of money and I also have a lot of projects that I want to start and try out that will hopefully yield me more income. I agree that saving money just for the sake of it is kind of tiresome so I try and make sure to have a more productive purpose for my savings.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment, I know that I need a new house. I'm living in a little tiny flat at the moment, and it's just far too small for myself and my partner to be comfortable in, so I am doing everything that I can to save money, because I know that by doing that I can be sure that we can move sooner rather than later. Every time I view a house that I like, it gives me the motivation to save more, and I hope that soon we will both be in the home of our dreams.

12. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I'm single so it's really just about saving for something I really want to do. Right now I'm saving for the Nightmare Music Festival in October. Before that it was the Moonrise Music & Arts Festival. I save so I can pay for my friends as well as myself for their birthday and/or Christmas. I'm lucky to have so many online jobs that can pay my rent and still let me save to do these things!

13. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow that's really impressive--great job!

14. smilemae

smilemaeNew Member

Threads:
    My goal in life is my motivation to save. Since I became a born again christian, i and my partner has always this dream to have a radio ministry. Radio Ministry nowadays is costly. I hope one day, this will be a reality.