What motivates you to spend on fitness?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by dieselfit • Nov 25, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Fitness shouldn't cost a penny. I mean as long as you have your body and your mind, you should be able to work out right where you are at any time. That being said, some people still spend on fitness guides and programs. Some do it for the motivation and some just do it so they can get healthier. What makes you want to spend money on anything fitness-related?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't give them my money at all. Every day I'm reminded why it's such a terrible industry. It's full of lies and ignorance and most don't have the first clue about true health and safe training. It needs to be regulated.. it's a ridiculous industry. If it motivates you, great.. but be careful.

I know.. not what you asked lol.

3. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    It's exactly what I'm looking for. I actually want to help people and I think I can do it since I have some years behind my fitness experience. I started out as a 100 pound 'athlete' and I was wanting to gain some muscle. So I spent so much on things I really didn't need: supplements, magazines, everything you can imagine. Except for illegal drugs of course. I dislike it when people are told to buy this and that while being promised ridiculously outrageous claims. Basically I want to create a straight up source for fitness information! That's why I asked

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I pay for a gym but that is simply because I don't have motivation to workout from home. Every time I tried a supplement or a specific diet product (like shakes), I was disappointed, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I have been looking for something to give me a bit more energy, but I'll look very carefully before I decide to buy anything.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that there are a lot of times that you really want to lose weight, but really do not know where to start and what to do and so that is why i end up purchasing fitness material. It really helps getting some inspiration from other people and getting general help with those things.

6. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    The only problem with me is the fact that I have never had any of my workout experience with a trainer. I have always done it by myself from home for the most of my times. What I do is to browse online get some great do-it-by yourself workouts and launch the program myself. So when guys mention of spending their hard earned money for workouts i just always wonder what they may be up to.

7. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    Fitness is a way of life, i personally spend to have a healthier life and be more knowledgeable about my body. I invest a lot in fitness and health magazines as i have always believed knowledge is power and without it,you can never do anything correctly. The books that i buy, talk more about what to eat, the healthy diet a person should follow when they are exercising for a certain goal. Remember the way athletes and sports people eat and train will definitely not be the same as for everyone. Every person has or should have their own fitness plan, as our bodies differ and the reasons why we want to be fit differs.

Therefore my motivation is based on knowledge and getting the right routine for my body.

8. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I can help you with that. I'm a huge caffeine drinker when it comes to working out. I mean I'll drink some caffeine (energy supplements) and if I ever took a break I would feel tired, sleepy and just not motivated. There's one thing I tried and it worked fairly well. I found out that your body depletes this ingredient when you are stressed, drinking coffee/energy drinks, or just plain out stressed. That's Tyrosine. It's available in protein, but when taken by itself, it works incredibly well when it comes to energy and concentration. It has no effect on the heart but has a huge effect on motivation and on releasing the pleasure reward feeling in your brain. It's an amino acid so it's nothing new. I would look into that if you're looking for that energy you once had as a kid!!

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have paid for my first gym membership this month. I need to keep moving during the winter months and I need to be around people, the reason for the membership. During the summer I walk miles with no problems but I hate cold weather and can become a bear in hibernation easy. So my thought was to become involved in a gym to keep me moving and meeting others of like mind.

10. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    That is great Pat. I was going to suggest that you do your workouts inside but you have said that you want to meet new people. That is a good thing because you are dedicated. Remember not to get too caught up in the chatting and more on the working!

11. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I have heard many people mention that they pay for gym during the wintertime due to the cold weather but I always don't appreciate their point since you can as well do it within your home. But when it comes to interactions i tend to believe that interactions are also part of the workout program and in most cases I tend to take my younger brother for the purpose of the interaction. I think your decision is quite impressive but you could have asked for companion from one of your relatives and you could save the money spend on the gym instead.

12. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Such a massive over-statement.

Paying for certain stuff such as training can give extremely good results. It can increase motivation and be a very good route for people.

13. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I'm really motivated by paying for fitness. I know that it's a waste of money unless I actually use it. So yes, I could run on my own or work out at home, but if I pay for a gym membership, then I'm going to definitely work out with no excuses.

14. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    It can be an excellent choice to pay for fitness and it definitely does motivate some people but how many people actually pay and don't get the results that they want? The need for personal trainers are increasingly demanded while the rate of obesity and disease is still higher than ever.

What about those days when we were forced to be active? Everything we have today is helping us take fewer steps than before. Escalators, transportation, everything just adds us. We live in the world where we pay for everything including for those things that make our quality of living much lower than it should be. It's not to say that paying for fitness is a complete waste of money, but it is not a need as we are the reason for what we've become.

15. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    Things that motivate me to spend on fitness are results. Usually results will motivate me to do anything and from there I just research on the topic. However, the only downside to this is that I easily get discouraged, but I eventually find something new or better.

16. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I always buy Muscle Milk from Walmart. I find mixed reviews on whether it really does anything for you but when I drink it I feel better. It is all in my mind but it seems to be worth it. I would pay to have a good body.