What motivates you to work out?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Kazix • Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the answer is quite simple. Apart from wanting to stay healthy, I also like to look and feel good. I much prefer the look of a nicely toned body than a flabby belly or bottom. But I only speak for myself here. Since I started working on those problem areas, I can really feel how the muscles that I have been strengthening have helped to decrease the pain in my lower back.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I remind myself what I use too look like and the fact that I don't want to die early and at a young age of a heart attack. Plus right now my wedding is in about a year and half. I want to look my best for my wedding!

3. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    The ting that inspires me to workout is health and weight. I know I''m no longer a spring chicken at the age of 36 so nowadays I'mway more health conscious. I want to be fit and look good while having great health. That's the rundown.

4. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    Wanting to be there for my kids, that is what I think of most as I try to live better; second, is that I want to be able to make a difference in this world, and you can't do that if you have absolutely no energy at all. So, ultimately, my goals are in line there, to be in better shape to make other people's lives better, as well as my own.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I work out just to keep fit and feel healthy. I find it very uncomfortable to be chubby and it gets really difficult to shop for clothes. The only problem is that as I grow older I find that it's much harder to maintain my weight so I have to work out even more or at least just eat less. I also do so just to keep my head clear. Whenever I stay still for too long my mind gets foggy.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    First of all, if I follow my schedule and exercise in all the days I have this planned I feel great about myself. Next, a round of exercises clears my head and gives me power to continue with my daily work and chores. And lastly, I'm slowly becoming older so I don't want to get fat and wrinkled :p So exercising helps my health and looks. I have no reasons not to exercise, I do it home, it costs nothing and I feel great.

7. smilemae

smilemaeNew Member

Threads:
    I am getting married anytime soon. This is my motivation to loose weight. I used to jog early in the morning and do some dieting. I stopped eating rice for 4 months and eat only usually veggies and fruits... and it worked. But my ultimate reason for loosing weight is for health reasons. My father is diabetic and I know its in our genes. So I might as well do something now when I am still a bit younger.

8. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My age has motivated me to start working out more. It used to be keeping the weight off but now I see older people with stiff joints and I think, 'I don't want that to be me', so even though I'm only 'middle-aged' I want to get a good start now on my golden years and make sure I can still be active and independent. My grandmother is 84 years old and she still lives on her own and doesn't need any help except for an occasional balance on an arm chair. She credits this largely to being active her whole life. She worked hard, not necessarily worked out but had an active lifestyle with constant movement. Our bodies were made to move but the technological age has made doing so difficult, so working out is the key to keeping our bodies and minds happy and healthy.