What movies do you generally avoid?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of science-fiction and action films. I am more into horror and romantic-comedies.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to try to avoid slasher movies. These become way to predictable after awhile with the violence and the stupidity. No, seriously I have seen some in the past like some of the Friday the 13th's after awhile you know whats going to happen. Some idiot goes off by themselves and sure enough they are the next victim. Also, with all the murders that took place up at that Crystal Lake in this movie series why wasn't that place closed off to the public? I know its a movie but come on it just started to get on my nerves with all the plot point holes. I find that this is the case with most of these slasher films the formula grows old.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Chick flicks and romance probably, some of them are really good but most of them are just really stupid. Some of my friends argue that I don't like them because I can't relate to the characters, but I've been through similar scenarios in some romance films and I never acted like it was that big of a deal. I also avoid those teen book to movie adaptations, some of them are really good but some are just bland.

4. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I really avoid bloody and massacre movies. Bloods scenes makes my heart pumps faster. It really makes me scared when I see someone being hanged, mutilated and tortured to death and blood oozing from their skin. Its very creepy. I also avoid some so-so romantic films. But I like fantasy, action and sci fi movies like Harry Potter ,Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

5. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    I avoid any films with violence in them. There's enough horrible things going on in the world - I don't need to watch more of it in my free time. I stick with comedies or uplifting documentaries.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved Heroes! Forgot all about that one.. I was so ticked they ended it lol. I'm not a Star Wars or Star trek fan either. Grew up on the originals and still can't be bothered.

I tend to avoid movies that do whatever it takes for shock value. They bore me. Especially the ones that are clearly just out to gross you out.. it's too much. Put the effort into a good movie and I'll likely enjoy it. Shock shock shock and I'll yawn through the whole thing. if I even make it to the end.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Heroes was freaking amazing!!!!! That ending did not do it justice, in the least. But there is supposed to be a movie coming out, this year, in order for them to wrap up all of the loose ends. I sincerely hope that it happens. Horror movies that are just blood and gore for shock value, are some of the worst movies. ICK!!! How people can sit through them, I will never know. But different strokes for different folks.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Seriously?? I didn't know that; so stoked! My oldest will be too.. that was our show. I reeeally loved it and was totally surprised they would take it off the air like that. So much better than the rest of the junk out there. A movie.... saweeeeet! lol... thanks for the heads up :)

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind most horror movies and thillers people dislike. The type of movie I avoid is really sad ones I know I will cry! For example I still did not watch The Fault is of the stars and I could never watch stuff like that Boy in Striped Pajamas or something like that. I hate watching sad films because I tend to get too into it and when sad stuff happens it takes me sometimes days to fully recover from sadness.

10. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I'm usually not picky when it comes to the movies I like. But admittedly, I do try to stay away from those over-the-top comedy movies. I don't hate comedy movies in general. I just have a low tolerance for those ones that are just ridiculous. For example, things like "Zoolander" or "Austin Powers" I consider over-the-top and not my kind of movie.

11. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    Blood and Gore movies. Horror movies. I also get bored by biographies, I would rather read the books. Some historical movies, I avoid. It is mostly due to the fact that they are skewed by the person who makes them. With books, I can read different books so I get the different perspectives.

12. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid romantic comedy movies /chick flicks. They all have the same plot and in almost all of them, the ending is predictable that the two stars of the movie would end up being together. The only time I watch this genre is when I am with my sister or girlfriend, or with them both, and they ask me to come with them to the movies. If I had to change something in these movies, I would still maintain the comedic vibe of the film but make the endings have a twist or make it sadder for a change.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. Once you have seen one romantic comedy, you have sort of seen them all??? The only thing that changes is the circumstances!!! But you pretty much know how everything is going to turn out in the end!! I am still waiting for lgbt romantic comedies as opposed to lgbt movies just being lgbt movies. I'd kill for a lesbian movie where two girls meed and it is about the comedy and romance of it all as opposed to being a lesbian movie in its own, if that makes any sense.

14. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    Without a shadow of a doubt, I hate romcoms. You get conned into thinking and believing that the ending will be happy and that live (however unlikely) always finds a way. The truth i find is much closer to the brutal opposite! And the pain is much more enduring and worse in real life.

Also I hate horror films, because.....what's the point??

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Movies with senseless storylines tend to turn me off so I try to avoid them in general. Let me name a few senseless movies people would do well to shirk or not waste their time on: Warm Bodies, Shark Attack, Nut Job, Showgirls, Gigli, Ben and Arthur, etc.

16. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I usually avoid reboots from notorious directors. For example the Transformers movies and the recent Ninja Turtles reboot. Most of them are just awful and are just in for the money. I also generally avoid video game to movie adaptations, they're mostly bad.

17. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty open minded. I don't tend to avoid any movies. It can depend on the story for me though and if the movie looks interesting. I don't tend to bother what type of movie it is though because I love anything from horror to rom-coms.

18. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid chick flick because I always feel bored by it. I guess I never really understand the enjoyment of watching movies that use recycled cliches like chick flick. However, I notice that the award winning ones have pretty exciting plot with some surprises as well and I don't mind watching them. Basically, overall if I see a chick flick that I never watched before, I would look it up to see if it is an award winning one. If it is, then I will give it a chance.

19. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Anything at the move theatres because they are way over priced :p

Other than that, I am fairly open to movies. I will not go out of my way to watch action, thriller, or horror, but if someone else wants to turn one on I'll deal with it. If a movie has no point and fails to touch on some philosophical or thought provoking concept then I rather not waste my time with it.

20. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I never go out of my way to watch horror movies. They don't really work for me. Similarly, I don't ever go to the cinema to catch a rom-com. I might watch it on TV but I wouldn't pay money for it. Beyond that, I'm pretty open to most things.