What movies do you generally avoid?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to watch a large number of genres but if I had to pick one, I would avoid drama. The only time I would watch it if there is some sort of psychotic killer, insane lover in the mix, mad stalker or something along those lines. Other than that I tend to avoid it.

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid sentimental and the romance type of movies. As you can see it can have bad impact on your mind. And there are some of the crime and drama type of the movies too. So it depends on which one you are taking these days. I am personally not going for the drama type of the movies lately, nothing new coming. Also the crime and the action some of the time can be good.

3. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    I tend to avoid romantic comedies and chick flicks, because the tend to have a predictable story arc:

Boy meets girl. Boy and girl do not initially get along and/or hate each other's guts. Boy and girl start to like one another, then fall in love with each other. Boy betrays girl. Boy tries to win back girl's love in the cheesiest fashion. Girl forgives boy, and they live happily ever after.

No chick flicks and rom-coms for me, thank you very much.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like to watch movies which do not have a good story. I like to watch science fiction and kids movies. I don't watch horror movies and yes brutal and sadistic movies. I like to watch romantic movies and movies which have happy endings.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I do not watch horror movies. I cannot even understand the notion or logic behind these type of movies. All it does is instill fear and other negative emotions. It is so sad to see some parents allow their young children to watch horror movies or evil themed cartoons. This is not right. Horror movies should be for those who can stand and enjoy the vileness portrayed.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid since fiction movies because are too unrealistic, and this kind of movies gives me the impression that all the movie is just a movie it doesn't transport me to an unknown world. I liked sience fiction movies when I was a small child but I hate them now!